GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The complete history of UKchatforums.com"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 18:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I often think about the history of these forums, and how things used to be. That's not to say they've declined in quality over the years, but as with most things, you keep them going long enough and you'll find people complaining that things ain't what they used to be.

Anyway, I got to remembering some of the good times while bored at work today (a regular occurence) and yeah, it might be a bit sad, but some of the memories really did make me smile. UKchatforums.com must be my most visited website ever (still my homepage) and despite it just being a collection of poorly-designed .gif images and text-speak, sometimes it genuinely manages to make me laugh out loud (LOL).

So... in the spirit of one of my Shiznit lists, I want your top UKchatforums.com moments of all time, from throughout history - it can be favourite users, brilliant moments of realisation or just your favourite threads. I'll get us kicked off with a few memories that brightened up my day.

THE BELLDANDY SAGA - I've never had so much fun berating someone over the internet as I did with Belldandy. Probably still floating around somewhere under a newly mysterious (very probably Manga-related) username, Belldandy was NEVER WRONG. Even if he was, he wasn't. And if he really was, then he'd run away and not come out to play, until the next time he was wrong. It came close to bullying at a few points (I used to get his emails) but it was coming from both sides: Goaty, Light, Pandy, myself and others (all anti-war and common sense) versus the one man righteous army of Belldandy.

The Belldandy saga reached a hilarious conclusion, when on one of his many mysterious reappearances under another nick (HALO Fan), he was sussed by the lot of us and nevertheless proceeded to dispute it for several months, despite have all the curt mannerisms and blind flag-wankery that good old Bell had. It stopped being fun when we finally saw a picture of him on Special Observe, then realised our physical name calling was disturbingly prophetic.

There have been others, but none as more fun to bait as Belldandy.
Page:
Mon 17/10/05 at 16:00
Regular
"\\"
Hours. Wasted.

I've never forgiven you.

I wrote down the cure to AIDs/world hunger/bird flu (I was phsycic and saw into the future that it'd become a pandemic)....

And now it's all gone... Gone!
Mon 17/10/05 at 15:51
Regular
"serenity now!"
I killed the forums on my first day - that was fun.
Mon 17/10/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Timmargh wrote:
> English_Bloke wrote (about Mr. Sngggly):
> I remember you once saying that Timmarah and I were the only two
> posters worth reading
> on this site ...
>
> Was he tripping at the time?

No, he was face down on the floor and I was sitting on his back at the time though.
Sun 16/10/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Game wrote:
> I miss FM

Try cleaning the scope on your sniper rifle, I'm always around here even if I don't post much. (I went away for a week once, been too busy catching up on all the spam ever since).

I remember the time we used to give our GADs away for sick kids in hospital, and I remember a time when all we used to talk about on here was games, consoles and the future of gaming and nothing else, but the rest of it is just a blur of spammage that might have brought a few smiles to a few faces at one time but in the long run didn't really matter. I felt it was a shame that the site diversified away from purely gaming discussions and turned into every other chat forum out there, it lost it's uniqueness and I suppose in some way it's innocence.

In the interests of bringing a smile to your faces (something I always try to do otherwise what's the point?) I just caught on the news that Ireland has suffered it's worst air disaster. A two-seater Cessna crashed into a cemetary. Irish rescue workers say that so far they have recovered 536 bodies and the death toll is expected to rise as they continue digging into the night.
Mon 03/10/05 at 17:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
English_Bloke wrote (about Mr. Sngggly):
> I remember you once saying that Timmarah and I were the only two posters worth reading
> on this site ...

Was he tripping at the time?
Mon 03/10/05 at 16:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lord H was great, he was a guy who told it how it was. I played Unreal Tournament a few times with him.
Mon 03/10/05 at 16:26
Regular
Mon 03/10/05 at 12:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Don't forget Gejay.

AHAHA

Oh yes.
Sat 01/10/05 at 14:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Just spent the best part of an hour reading this thread and it great, especially the stalker story. I've only been posting here 2 months as I didn't have a PC at home until then although I've been reading the forums for about a year now at work (we can read them but can't post as it's blocked)

To tell you the truth I can't remember most of the stuff on this thread as it probably happened before I started reading the forums but hopefuly next time one of these threads are done I'll be able to add a few memories of my own.
Fri 30/09/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I remember when I first came on this site.

I was a spammy twonk, to be fair, and I remember someone telling me that my thoughts mattered none because I was a newbie. I remember saying that "my views are as valid as the next mans!"

I think I'd been watching The Simpsons.

Snuggly's stalker story made my night last night when I was struggling to sleep.

I used to come on this forum a lot more then I do now, but looking back at it, I can't remember many really interesting things. Of course I remember Bell, Forest Fan and the like. I remember The Future Of Gaming forum being really popular before general chat was created. I remember reading some of Sniper's posts and thinking, "how the hell did you become Notable?"

I remember Snuggly quiting, posting a rebel post and then going crawling back and being made pink for a while.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.