GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The complete history of UKchatforums.com"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 18:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I often think about the history of these forums, and how things used to be. That's not to say they've declined in quality over the years, but as with most things, you keep them going long enough and you'll find people complaining that things ain't what they used to be.

Anyway, I got to remembering some of the good times while bored at work today (a regular occurence) and yeah, it might be a bit sad, but some of the memories really did make me smile. UKchatforums.com must be my most visited website ever (still my homepage) and despite it just being a collection of poorly-designed .gif images and text-speak, sometimes it genuinely manages to make me laugh out loud (LOL).

So... in the spirit of one of my Shiznit lists, I want your top UKchatforums.com moments of all time, from throughout history - it can be favourite users, brilliant moments of realisation or just your favourite threads. I'll get us kicked off with a few memories that brightened up my day.

THE BELLDANDY SAGA - I've never had so much fun berating someone over the internet as I did with Belldandy. Probably still floating around somewhere under a newly mysterious (very probably Manga-related) username, Belldandy was NEVER WRONG. Even if he was, he wasn't. And if he really was, then he'd run away and not come out to play, until the next time he was wrong. It came close to bullying at a few points (I used to get his emails) but it was coming from both sides: Goaty, Light, Pandy, myself and others (all anti-war and common sense) versus the one man righteous army of Belldandy.

The Belldandy saga reached a hilarious conclusion, when on one of his many mysterious reappearances under another nick (HALO Fan), he was sussed by the lot of us and nevertheless proceeded to dispute it for several months, despite have all the curt mannerisms and blind flag-wankery that good old Bell had. It stopped being fun when we finally saw a picture of him on Special Observe, then realised our physical name calling was disturbingly prophetic.

There have been others, but none as more fun to bait as Belldandy.
Page:
Wed 16/11/05 at 21:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sometimes Hedfix, you really do make me chuckle weakly.
Wed 16/11/05 at 21:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
You'd rather pull a ninja off than be with your girlfriend?

She must be really fat.
Wed 16/11/05 at 21:09
Regular
"8==="
Cycloon wrote:
> Mate, I have a girlfriend and I'd rather be able to pull you off.

Wed 16/11/05 at 20:50
Regular
I doubt it would go down too well at the chip shop.
Wed 16/11/05 at 20:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mate, I have a girlfriend and I'd rather be able to pull that off
Wed 16/11/05 at 20:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hehehe :-D
Wed 16/11/05 at 19:31
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> When everyone posted pictures of themselves dressed up as Ninjas.

As I recall I won that contest. For those unlucky folks who missed it :

[URL]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8181/smallcopy9nq.jpg[/URL]

Note to self : Get a girlfriend.
Wed 16/11/05 at 16:02
"slightlyshortertagl"
[URL]http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ETY7YOGLWU400O0I8STYRBD0F[/URL]
Wed 16/11/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Hedfix wrote:
> When everyone posted pictures of themselves dressed up as Ninjas.

I remember that, mainly because I started it and yet I never posted a picture of myself. Hmmmm.
Wed 16/11/05 at 15:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Feels like it happened only yesterday.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.