GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Trial - advice please!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 10:16
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I might be 15, but I decided to apply for my first ever trial which is on Wednesday for a local team in Walthamstow (it's near the dog stadium if anyone's cares). What kind of things should I be looking to do, bearing in mind I'm probably best positioned on the wing or perhaps as an attacking midfielder or forward. Any advice, please?
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:22
I can slide tackle, dribble and pass.

Put me in front of the goal with a ball however, and I can guarantee an opposition throw-in will occur in the very near future...
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:15
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I always remember getting through countless football trials just by showing off my passing and tackling skills.

I used to be great at slide tackles and pick out amazing long balls and crosses. Then one season I grew my hair long and I got the pretty boy effect and just did loads of dribbling.

:)
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Do what I did.

Run. Very fast.
Mon 29/08/05 at 22:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've got a tip, FF- try and covert them to Christianity. That'll win them over. Especially if you do that water into wine trick.
Mon 29/08/05 at 22:50
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
And if the goalkeeper dribbles it all the way to the other goal ans scores.
Mon 29/08/05 at 20:38
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
As a winger, your best chance is to create opportunities.

I played right wing for my county for about 4 years before being dropped, and confident, forward-going moves (such as taking on a full back and getting to the by-line for the cross etc.) are always impressive.

Remember, you can't score a goal without an assist...

Besides penalties and other set-pieces, and deflections that fall to you, but lets not be silly now :P
Mon 29/08/05 at 20:27
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I might be 15, but I decided to apply for my first ever trial which is
> on Wednesday for a local team in Walthamstow

Did you ring them up or something and they told you to come along for a trial?
How may others will be there?
Mon 29/08/05 at 19:20
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Stryke wrote:
> Do good stuff with each foot. They love that.

Glad you say that because I do a lot of my dribbling and short passing left footed, but for power (i.e. crossing and shooting) use my right peg. I've worked a lot on my fitness over the past month and a half and I only woke up really dedicated about five days ago hellbent on joining a local side, contacting six local teams. But over all, I think I'm ready for this opportunity, certainly more than I ever have been before.
Mon 29/08/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Just show an interest and let them know that you want to play and will make it to training etc.

Local teams will usually be glad to take on extra players.
Mon 29/08/05 at 12:12
Regular
Do good stuff with each foot. They love that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.