GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Trial - advice please!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 10:16
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I might be 15, but I decided to apply for my first ever trial which is on Wednesday for a local team in Walthamstow (it's near the dog stadium if anyone's cares). What kind of things should I be looking to do, bearing in mind I'm probably best positioned on the wing or perhaps as an attacking midfielder or forward. Any advice, please?
Tue 30/08/05 at 09:03
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Thanks everyone. Mav, I went to thefa.com and searched all the local teams within 3 miles of my postcode, but found the club through the local paper (Guardian). If they are advertising for new players then they WILL offer you a trial.

I've spoken to the school team captain who advised me to get a trial and he says the team I'm applying for aren't any good, he said he rejected them and his team beat them 6-0 in a ten minute 5-a side game.

I'm not quite so nervous about the trials anymore. :)
Tue 30/08/05 at 08:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
down wrote:
> My speciality is Kanchelskis tricks, like standing on the ball or
> jumping and twirling in the air for no reason.
>
> They don't work, they make you look like an idiot, and they make
> people hate you.
>
> I'm absolutely awesome at them.

Kanchelskis gets my love plainly for doing those. God bless Andrei.
Tue 30/08/05 at 03:17
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heheh. This has become a boasting thread :-)
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I've made up my own trick. But then Jay Jay half copied it the following week. So no-one believed I made it up.

When I face a defender I just do something. Usually I'll 1-2 or elastica my way around them. I'm good at beating people in a row because I pick up speed and have a lot of stability.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:46
Because I just tend to do Kanchelskis tricks, I need to think of them consciously, as they don't actually do anything.

Drop-shoulders, nutmegs and flicking it over peoples' heads is just natural though
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:44
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> The best tricks are Jay Jay's. He makes them up as he goes along.

Apparently Rooney does that too.

But do you find you conciously think when you come up against a defender, or just lose yourself in the moment and do what comes naturally?
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:42
Regular
They could try, but I'd dart away with my super agility.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ha.

Me and down both seem to know the irrelevant history of the "twirl on ball move". We're masters ya see...

The best tricks are Jay Jay's. He makes them up as he goes along.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:41
Sounds like you're doing a Kanchelskis!

I hope people beat you up
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:40
Regular
I don't know whether or not I do them right, but I've never found those difficult. Just spin around on the ball while running.

It never seemed like a trick to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.