GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Trial - advice please!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 10:16
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I might be 15, but I decided to apply for my first ever trial which is on Wednesday for a local team in Walthamstow (it's near the dog stadium if anyone's cares). What kind of things should I be looking to do, bearing in mind I'm probably best positioned on the wing or perhaps as an attacking midfielder or forward. Any advice, please?
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:40
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Not to be confused with Ruud Van Carrot Eater's Half Z360.

He cheats and puts his feet on the floor half way through performing it. Thus making it crapper and less like a Z360 or "Maradona".
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:39
Maradona did it first, I think.

And see that flip-flap/elastico? It was first done in the seventies by Rivelino, and just stolen by Ronaldinho
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:38
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Yes.

"Marseille Roulette", also.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:38
Regular
What's a Zidane 360?

Is it like a Marseille turn?
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:37
Pirlo's better than Zidane at them.

Though, agreed, Riquelme's better than both.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:35
Regular
"The Red Shift"
For some reason, when I had as many skills as the fat boy that always gets picked last, I could always pull off amazing Zidane 360s.

I could always utilise it to keep the ball in on the touchline and beat the man etc.

Now I have many tricks.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:33
My speciality is Kanchelskis tricks, like standing on the ball or jumping and twirling in the air for no reason.

They don't work, they make you look like an idiot, and they make people hate you.

I'm absolutely awesome at them.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:32
Regular
I have absolutely no idea where my best position is, which is a problem.

Never really played the game seriously, you see. Was a bit of a cricketer, but gave that up and took up basketball a few years ago. Now I want to get into footy, but the only experience I have is the occasional kickabout. Still, hopefully it ain't to late to become a decent player.

And I know you didn't ask for the life story, but hush.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Mav wrote:
Did you just look these guys up in
> the Yellow Pages or something?

That's where you can start.

If they come asking, it's because there's a shortage of players (with a reason...)

Calling and talking helps too.

I always used to be able to perfectly execute Henry, side of the foot finishes. Looks like we've both lost that charm though...
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:24
Regular
Never been to a football trial, but I would say that you need to demonstrate what they can't teach you.

Stuff like work rate, creativity, spacial awareness - that's really what makes a footballer. Technique you can learn and hone, but your mentality is who you are.

I'm looking to join a local team too, actually, simply because I want to play, but nobody's advertising that they want players. So I'm a little lost as to where to start. Did you just look these guys up in the Yellow Pages or something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.