GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Trial - advice please!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 10:16
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I might be 15, but I decided to apply for my first ever trial which is on Wednesday for a local team in Walthamstow (it's near the dog stadium if anyone's cares). What kind of things should I be looking to do, bearing in mind I'm probably best positioned on the wing or perhaps as an attacking midfielder or forward. Any advice, please?
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Congrats. You'll be playing in no time.:D
Thu 08/09/05 at 17:43
Regular
*UPDATE*

Got a third trial next Wednesday. Played much better this time around as I was more relaxed and got to know the lads. First game of the season should be Sunday, but Barnet have folded so first game is Percival the week after so I hope to get signed up to play by then.
Fri 02/09/05 at 20:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nice to know there are still some up and coming Forest fans who may one day play for the 2 time European champions (who are now in the third tier of English football, didn't want to get above my station!).

Hopefully you can be the next Jenas as we need all the help we can get if we can get back to the Championship never mind the Premiership.
Thu 01/09/05 at 09:21
Regular
The trial went alright, I held my own and did ok but in all honesty it was harder than I expected. I had had a bad couple of night's sleep before hand and that didn't help. I still managed to come second in the 15 minute jog but it was quite physically demanding. I was disappointed with my performance in the mini match at the end, though there was a couple of good moments when i made some tackles and passes, and even made a goal, so it wasn't all bad. My main problem was these boys were proper quick of the mark, fast and really quick eyed. This meant that the ball absolutely zipped across in the 5-aside match and to be honest I wasn't really expecting this and made a couple of naff touches. Well, good news is I have got another trial on Wednesday. But certainly tougher than expected.
Wed 31/08/05 at 17:16
Regular
Thanks Oswaldo! I'm fairly confident in my own ability but I know to stand any chance I have to play at 100% and not a touch below that. I'm just trying to nurse myself to full fitness and confidence.
Wed 31/08/05 at 17:07
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:
> Whats the team name? And what age group is it?
>
> We play over by the dog stadium all the time....

Ryan FC under 16
Wed 31/08/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I can't say this from personal trial-experience, but looking at how the professionals play, football is about as much a game based on players' mentality as it is to be all about what you and your team can do with the ball at feet.

Confidence has a great effect on a players' performance on the pitch; at whatever level. That, I can tell you from when I used to play locally. Go in to the game in the right frame of mind, you'll do better. Think negative, feel nervous and stay aware of your fear - and you could easily fail. It's as simple as that.

Obviously, they're not gonna be looking for another nutter who goes for every last tackle with two feet, above the knee. :)
But you've got to show your determination. Do no wait for the ball, it won't come to you. You must GET the ball, first. Then decide.

Like someone else said, professionalism and good sportsmanship can go along way also. You don't have to get down on your knees and beg the player for forgiveness after gouging a two-inch hole in his upper shin; help him up, shake hands, show no hard feelings.
Keep your cool, don't let anything boil over into something rediculous.

And remember this:

You may not be playing in the Premier League (just yet), but every ball will count. If you're chosen to play, your manager clearly has faith in you. Listen to him, understand and make it happen. You're not just representing yourself out there, it's the whole team. Part of a small town of village, even, perhaps.

Best of luck! :)

I might try and sort the same for myself at some point, once I've got college sorted and a full-time job for the weekdays too.
Wed 31/08/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Whats the team name? And what age group is it?

We play over by the dog stadium all the time....
Wed 31/08/05 at 16:59
All you need to know:

[URL]http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0JQ7AA27GP5HQ04R74K63U2TPL[/URL]
[URL]http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08YBY7CZB9J4E0HZLXH6SY0DZR[/URL]
Wed 31/08/05 at 16:51
Regular
Less than two hours to go. Eeek.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.