GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dearest Italian football fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/05 at 12:32
So Setanta bought rights to show all Italian football, just like the b*****ds did with the SPL.
So that'll be 40 quid a month or something pls lol thx

As it is no longer on Eurosport

BUT ALAS, SALVATION UPON THY HORIZON

For the wonderful Bravo are showing Italian football now. Juve v Chievo tonight.
And yes, it's our good friend Super James Shiny Bald Head Richardson in the studio and everything.
Hurrah, I can put the razor blades away
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That logic would only work if the US as a country was as equally fanatical about football as England, though. Whilst football is England's most popular sport by a long way, in the States "soccer" is probably about 4th or 5th on the list.

Scotland and England, meanwhile, have a fairly similar support for football, and therefore to an extent it can be claimed that the population difference does have an effect on the way things are just now between our two countries.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:37
Regular
"The Red Shift"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I don't have Setanta OR Bravo.
>
> Woe.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I think Scottish football does alright considering the country is a
> tenth the population of England.

Yeah, but by that logic, the MLS should be the best league in the world. Which it isn't, as it has the metrogaybys and freddy 'I want to be buddle' Adu.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think Scottish football does alright considering the country is a tenth the population of England.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
mattributé wrote:
> The SPL is probably the only league in the world where an overweight
> bas could dominate defences week in, week out. Which is why Rangers
> have offered me a £70,000 a week, 3 year contract.

He's terrorised Barcelona and AC Milan in fairly recent times as well, actually.

Admittedly, maybe to do with the fact that Spanish/Italian defenders probably haven't ever had to deal with someone like him before, but meh, I still think he could easily handle a place in a fair number of Premiership teams.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
mattributé wrote:
> The thingis though, we all know that at the end of the year there are
> only going to be two teams in it. And even if, for this season,
> someone else comes second for a change, it's not going to change the
> course of history. People will still only want to go to Rangers or
> Celtic if they're decent and want to move to Scotland. And whoever's
> third will undoubtedly spend big and make changes so it doesn't
> happen again.

Maybe. Hearts have Abramovich v.2 in charge now, though, so you never know.

Two players on £10,000 a week at an SPL club is very, very rare.
Hearts planning to expand their stadium due to having full attendance on a weekly basis is very, very rare.
And a former Champions League winner (Edgaras Jankaukas, from Porto) playing at someone who isn't Rangers or Celtic, is also almost unthinkable.

Trust me, the future will be much better.

I still think this season will end with Rangers in 1st and Celtic in 2nd, but it'll be much, much closer than the last seven or so years have been.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The SPL is probably the only league in the world where an overweight bas could dominate defences week in, week out. Which is why Rangers have offered me a £70,000 a week, 3 year contract.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:16
Regular
I want to see John Hartson grow another chin and see it colonized by more ginger stubble.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The thingis though, we all know that at the end of the year there are only going to be two teams in it. And even if, for this season, someone else comes second for a change, it's not going to change the course of history. People will still only want to go to Rangers or Celtic if they're decent and want to move to Scotland. And whoever's third will undoubtedly spend big and make changes so it doesn't happen again.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Haha.

This season is hopefully going to be much more exciting than previous years, though. It's been a long time since either of the Old Firm have been 5 points off the lead. And Rangers are in 5th despite having won the first Old Firm derby. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen look genuinely much stronger than anyone outwith Rangers and Celtic have for quite some time.

So more teams beating the two of them = great entertainment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.