GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 31"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/08/05 at 14:18
Regular
"not dead"
The rules:

Enter as many times as you like, and it can be as long as you like, but if I'm not interested by the time I have to scroll down the screen, I won't read the rest.

I'll judge on the weekend of the 10th/11th, so entries in before then please.

And the topic is:

Blood in the snow

That doesn't mean it has to be about murder and mutilation, by the way. Or self-harming. I won't read any stories that go "I cut myself because I am sad, and I want attention," but if they're forced to harm themselves for other reasons, gnaw off an arm to free themselves from a wreckage, for instance, that's okay.

RESULTS

Fantastic entries, very high standard this time, many were a joy to read. Had trouble picking a winner from the last three, all of which were very strong. Special mention for Styke for mocking self-harming. 4 REAL.

Runners up:

tnc: - Noble trades are no more
FFF: - Escape

Winner:

unknown kernel: - At the Bottom of a Flask
Sun 11/09/05 at 13:09
Regular
"Better Than You"
Got to finish a piece of homework, then going out to the rugby, so will finish my story this evening.
Sun 11/09/05 at 09:23
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Why would you write them and then "not be bothered to put them up"?

Especially seeing as it's you. A little restraint in the past such as this would have saved you from your "legendary" status.
Sun 11/09/05 at 01:26
Regular
"Catch it!"
Well I will add them tomorrow morning if I can be bothered.
Sat 10/09/05 at 20:33
Regular
"Catch it!"
Just finishing last bit of mine be up soon.
Sat 10/09/05 at 20:15
Regular
Try and do things on the spot, let an idea get hold of you and you can usually incorporate snow into it somehow.

It doesn't need to be themed around snow, only a believable reference added.

Just wait until SSC32 now, you've had many entries and otherwise it's going a little overboard. If you do one more that actually contains the theme that's acceptable.
Sat 10/09/05 at 20:02
Regular
"Cool!"
So you're judging it tommorow. I'm still trying to think of an idea for a new story...

And the topic Blood In The Snow is hard. I think of an idea, write it down but realise it's got nothin' to do with the topic. :(
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:14
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> There's been quite the turnout this time around.

There's been a few people with multiple entries (at least 3 or 4) which helps plump out the numbers.
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Better Than You"
Just wrote a couple more paragraphs. There may be a chance it'll be up tonight but I reckon it'll be up tomorrow. I'll start reading other peoples stories tomorrow too.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:31
"period drama"
There's been quite the turnout this time around.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:03
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah, I'll let you have until tomorrow.

As you may have noticed, I still do have stories to read, so I'll not judge until tomorrow, even if I do read more today.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.