GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 31"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/08/05 at 14:18
Regular
"not dead"
The rules:

Enter as many times as you like, and it can be as long as you like, but if I'm not interested by the time I have to scroll down the screen, I won't read the rest.

I'll judge on the weekend of the 10th/11th, so entries in before then please.

And the topic is:

Blood in the snow

That doesn't mean it has to be about murder and mutilation, by the way. Or self-harming. I won't read any stories that go "I cut myself because I am sad, and I want attention," but if they're forced to harm themselves for other reasons, gnaw off an arm to free themselves from a wreckage, for instance, that's okay.

RESULTS

Fantastic entries, very high standard this time, many were a joy to read. Had trouble picking a winner from the last three, all of which were very strong. Special mention for Styke for mocking self-harming. 4 REAL.

Runners up:

tnc: - Noble trades are no more
FFF: - Escape

Winner:

unknown kernel: - At the Bottom of a Flask
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:59
Regular
"Cool!"
OK. How come Meka Dragon hasn't judged the Short Story Competition yet.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:36
Regular
That's what I mean.

I don't mind you submitting stories, but you've had too many under the name of 'SSC31', it's not really fair on Meka if he has to judge all the entries by you and then decide which to comment on.

So, stick to stories outside of the competitions. We'll let you off with up to 2 entries per competition though.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Cool!"
tnc wrote:
> NO
>
> You've had far too many entries and there really is no point adding
> anymore, just wait until the next competition.

Whatever...No more stories...Actually you've got a point. No more stories 'till the next Competition.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:33
Regular
"Cool!"
Good ones, too.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Cheese pie anyone?"
oooh stories.
Sun 11/09/05 at 16:58
Regular
NO

You've had far too many entries and there really is no point adding anymore, just wait until the next competition.
Sun 11/09/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Cool!"
Cool, I can add a new story!
Sun 11/09/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Cool!"
Why haven't you judged it yet?
Sun 11/09/05 at 16:55
Regular
I think this SSC has proven extremely popular and will be a tough decision.
Sun 11/09/05 at 13:58
Regular
"not dead"
Okay. May not get a chance to read until tomorrow, but one more day won't hurt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.