GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Champion's League Draw"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/08/05 at 15:09
Regular
"not dead"
GROUP A

1. Bayern Munich
2. Juventus
3. Club Bruges
4. Rapid Vienna

GROUP B

1. Arsenal
2. Ajax
3. Sparta Prague
4. FC Thun

GROUP C

1. Barcelona
2. Panathinaikos
3. Werder Bremen
4. Udinese

GROUP D

1. Man United
2. Villareal
3. Lille
4. Benfica

GROUP E

1. AC Milan
2. PSV Eindhoven
3. Schalke
4. Fenerbache

GROUP F

1. Real Madrid
2. Lyon
3. Olympiakos
4. Rosenbourg

GROUP G

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Anderlecht
4. Real Betis

GROUP H

1. Inter Milan
2. Porto
3. Rangers
4. Bratislavia
Thu 25/08/05 at 18:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
From what I heard, Rangers were on the backfoot against Famagusta, long before they found a break and took a chance to get the first goal.

If that were a serious European team, even FC Porto, then they could've been wrapped up and burried within the first half-hour.

When are Scottish teams ever any good in European competition?
Thu 25/08/05 at 18:11
Regular
Rangers will beat Porto. Porto had a good team until they sold it all.

Maniche, Costinha, Deco, Paulo Ferreira, Carvalho...

And they only replaced Deco. Admittedly, with the almighty Diego.
Thu 25/08/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Oswaldo! wrote:

> Heh, when did Liverpool EVER go all-out-attack in the Champions'
> League least season!?

Watch the 2nd half of the Olympiacos game? Ya happen to see the first half hour of the Juventus game? When after we got a 2 goal cushion we tried to defend it. Bayern Leverkusen? Liverpool attacked for most of that game. The begining of the Chelsea game until Garcia scored (ok for all of about 5 mins). Beginning of the second half against Milan in the final. When we have to we can play some damn good attacking football.

> I totally agree that is the way the should be playing though. No
> matter who you are, or who you're up against, I doubt believe you can
> afford to sit-back for one-second until you have a three-goal lead.

Aint gonna get 3 goals againt Juventus so 2 is alright to sit back on.

> If you play a very defensive game, always waiting for them to
> strike first, all you're doing is simply letting the opposition
> attack you. Why not put some serious pressure on them from the start?
> DENY them making contact with the ball. Close-down every man who
> receives the ball. Do not give them even a glimpse of goal. Keep them
> in their own half. Defend high up the pitch, unlike England. Attack in
> numbers. Use the width of the pitch. Stretch the back four, pull apart
> gaping holes for Cissé to exploit with his great pace.
>
> I believe this is partly why so many teams seem to fall at the knees
> of teams like Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal. They think they can
> beat them by the counter-attack. Playing it safe. Playing to defend
> first, attack... IF we get a chance.
>
> But look at the way United and Arsenal played in both league fixtures
> last season. Fantastic stuff! And who came off the better side? Who
> was struggling to maintain their so-called "title
> challenge", eh?

In the Premiership at home we attacked pretty most of the game against Arsenal in th PL and won. We attacked against Chelsea in the PL who were lucky not to lose never mind win with their dirty deflected goal and 2 fouls not given in the penalty area. Against Man Utd well we pretty much sucked.

The only time we really fail to attack against the bigger teams at home or Carling Cup final is when Liverpool scored early goals and sit back on them.

liverpool can play class attacking football against strong teams. Its the teams like Newcastle, Middlesborough, Man City where we don't really give our all.

Away from home is a different story altogether though.
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:56
Regular
"0228"
Oswaldo! wrote:
> Heh, when did Liverpool EVER go all-out-attack in the Champions'
> League last season!?

For around ten minutes in the final.
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Rangers aren't very good I'm afraid.
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
KOPKING wrote:
"I can definatley see the 'pool prgressing. At home they will go all out and attack except when they play Chelsea where it will be defend-counter attack."
---

Heh, when did Liverpool EVER go all-out-attack in the Champions' League least season!?

Even in this season so far, he's played with one striker up-top, one in support - yet it only seems to be that, when he's played, Steven Gerrard is the only man to get forward! :)

I totally agree that is the way the should be playing though. No matter who you are, or who you're up against, I doubt believe you can afford to sit-back for one-second until you have a three-goal lead.

If you play a very defensive game, always waiting for them to strike first, all you're doing is simply letting the opposition attack you. Why not put some serious pressure on them from the start? DENY them making contact with the ball. Close-down every man who receives the ball. Do not give them even a glimpse of goal. Keep them in their own half. Defend high up the pitch, unlike England. Attack in numbers. Use the width of the pitch. Stretch the back four, pull apart gaping holes for Cissé to exploit with his great pace.

I believe this is partly why so many teams seem to fall at the knees of teams like Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal. They think they can beat them by the counter-attack. Playing it safe. Playing to defend first, attack... IF we get a chance.

But look at the way United and Arsenal played in both league fixtures last season. Fantastic stuff! And who came off the better side? Who was struggling to maintain their so-called "title challenge", eh?
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:29
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Oswaldo! wrote:
> "GOOD LUCK!!!" is, sadly, the best wishes I feel I
> can send any Rangers fans out there

Inter Milan
Porto
Rangers
are all the challengers to progress but i recon it will be inter and rangers progress
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Assuncao will score a free kick against either Liverpool or Chelsea. I'd put lots of money on that happening.

Oh, and looks like another group for Juve to completely dominate. They beat Bayern twice 1-0 last time, and they've got two other pishy teams to make up the 4, so looks like another unbeaten run for them.
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:19
Regular
"Green & White Army"
My Prediction of Group G

I can definatley see the 'pool prgressing. At home they will go all out and attack except when they play Chelsea where it will be defend-counter attack.

Anderlect - Win home and draw away aginst them. Used to be a quite a good team but aren't that strong at the moment.

Real Betis - Rafa's knowledge of Spanish football should guide Liverpool to two wins against Betis. Even with the wonders of Joaquin.

Chelsea - Lose at Stamford Bridge and win at Anfield. Both very tight games but that's the outcome I predict.(Just read that Liverpool and Chelsea play each other twice in 4 days at Anfield!)

Chelsea will win all of their games against Betis and Anderlect.

Group 6
1.Chelsea
2.Liverpool
3.Real Betis
4.Anderlect
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:17
Regular
Interesting the world of football is.

If a team wins then you point out what went their way to help that fact, not what went against them.

If a team loses you look at what went against them and not what went for them.

Liverpool's goal wasn't a goal. Chelsea still didn't get a shot on target... hmmmmm.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.