GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Punk vs. Metal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/08/05 at 19:37
Regular
"I like beef"
Well?
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
So Trev, tell me what bands you're into.
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:58
Regular
"8==="
Trev's a big fan of Good Charlotte.
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Good Charlotte are teh hardcore-hevvy-metal...
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cycloon wrote:
> Emo
>
>
> \o/

Sure, hearing song after angsty song about your ex-girlfriend who you were deeply in love with but she broke your heart and now you're mad at your dad is really damn fine music. But Finch owns, I lost my virginity to that album. Not actually having sex with the CD, though I did try...
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
Sibs wrote:
One genre can't really
> exist without other genres to keep things fresh. And there's my
> thought for the day.

You're entirely right. If you search for it on Wikipedia you can trace influences of all bands and most of todays modern bands are influenced by earlier metal or punk bands, who were in turn influences by older metal or rock bands like Sabbath/Maiden, who were then influenced by rock and roll bands and the who expressionist sixties, and rock and roll came, more or less, from Elvis who was heavily influenced by black music and the blues. So all of todays bands are basically offshoots of fifties blues and jazz music.
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:25
Regular
"8==="
I don't consider Finch to be Emo.

Maybe I've just heard the heavier stuff.
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:31
Regular
"SOUP!"
The new album is "post hardcore" but Letters to You, the song most people have heard, is absolutely the epitome of Emo.
Sun 21/08/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I haven't heard Finch's second one.

Although I like the first one. Not as much as when I first bought it, but still. Anyway, I don't think all the album is emo... Project Mayhem? Not emo in my books...
Sun 21/08/05 at 14:12
Regular
"\\"
Sibs wrote:
> I haven't heard Finch's second one.
>
> Although I like the first one. Not as much as when I first bought it,
> but still. Anyway, I don't think all the album is emo... Project
> Mayhem? Not emo in my books...

Ender is a bit too 'arty' to be emo either.

But on the whole, it's basically emo personified.
Sun 21/08/05 at 15:27
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
'Emo' confuses me. I can now recognize emo-scum when i see them, usually by their ridiculous haircuts and extravagent use of eyeliner, but the nature of their music eludes me. I have been told bands inculding Muse, FFAF, InMe, A7X and MCR are all emo, but different people seem to have different opinions on them. A little help please?

And just for the record, metal: infinitely > punk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.