GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Punk vs. Metal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/08/05 at 19:37
Regular
"I like beef"
Well?
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
Sibs wrote:
One genre can't really
> exist without other genres to keep things fresh. And there's my
> thought for the day.

You're entirely right. If you search for it on Wikipedia you can trace influences of all bands and most of todays modern bands are influenced by earlier metal or punk bands, who were in turn influences by older metal or rock bands like Sabbath/Maiden, who were then influenced by rock and roll bands and the who expressionist sixties, and rock and roll came, more or less, from Elvis who was heavily influenced by black music and the blues. So all of todays bands are basically offshoots of fifties blues and jazz music.
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cycloon wrote:
> Emo
>
>
> \o/

Sure, hearing song after angsty song about your ex-girlfriend who you were deeply in love with but she broke your heart and now you're mad at your dad is really damn fine music. But Finch owns, I lost my virginity to that album. Not actually having sex with the CD, though I did try...
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Good Charlotte are teh hardcore-hevvy-metal...
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:58
Regular
"8==="
Trev's a big fan of Good Charlotte.
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
So Trev, tell me what bands you're into.
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:52
Regular
"I like beef"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
>
>
> To be honest, despite the name, I see hair metal more as a genre of
> rock than metal but I guess that's very open to debate.

Yeah, me too.

I don't think anyone really cares though.
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Sibs wrote:
Basically my point was that saying one genre is more
> aggressive/heavy/melodic/technical/whatever depends on the timescale
> you look at and the prevailing sub-section of that genre at the time
> (or what you percieve as the prevailing suc-section...)
>
> Meh.

Alright fair enough :p
To be honest, despite the name, I see hair metal more as a genre of rock than metal but I guess that's very open to debate.

You got it right in your first paragraph though... it's stupid to compare genres.
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:35
Regular
"8==="
Nope, actually I wrote "Like it matters" and then added all the rest in the edit.
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Only after you made it.
Sun 21/08/05 at 11:30
Regular
"8==="
Like it matters.

The time it took you to write that post is more than the time it would take to scroll past Trevor's post and ignore it.

and yes I see the irony of this post thankyou very much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.