GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You and me both, mate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 15:52
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=299428&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Carvalho+upset+at+axe&channel=football_home[/URL]

I'm with Ricardo on this one. Leaving aside the fact he's in my fantasy football team - Last season, 3rd best central defender in the Premiership behind Terry and Carragher. He's pacy, can pass well, got a good head on him and tackles like a demon. He's better than William Gallas.

Not that I'm saying Gallas is a bad defender, far from it. I'd love it if his rumoured transfer to 'Pool had actually happened. But he's not as good as Carvalho, not by a long shot.

So, me and Carvalho are united in our confusion at the tactics of Jose.If it was just to give Gallas some playing time so he'd stop crying like a big Gallic baby all the time, I'd understand. But (1) He'd have told Carvalho and (2) Jose doesn't pander to player's whiney little protests, good man.

So, I ask you, why has he been dropped? I want clean sheet points. Carvalho, my friend, I must transfer you from my team. But I love Portugal, I have been there many times. You shall be straight back once Jose stops taking the crazy Francophile pills.

In the mean time...make your cases for my team, messers Del Horno/Carragher/Ashley Cole
Wed 17/08/05 at 18:57
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Ah. Are you Portuguese then?

Yep, born and bred. Well, bred till the age of 6 :P

> I love Lisbon. One of the most beautiful cities in the world. Of
> course, I haven't seen every city in the world, but I've seen your
> basic Paris/Rome/Vienna combo's. Lisbon and Vienna win.

Hehe thanks. Portugal's pretty messed up now with the fires, dunno if you've heard.
Wed 17/08/05 at 18:56
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> Who from the past would you most like to see again?

Probably Maradona. I only know of Eusebio through word of mouth...I've seen about 5 of his goals...for shame :(
Regular
Ah. Are you Portuguese then?

I love Lisbon. One of the most beautiful cities in the world. Of course, I haven't seen every city in the world, but I've seen your basic Paris/Rome/Vienna combo's. Lisbon and Vienna win.
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Mine would be Michael Owen.

He was good then.

;P

Seriously though. I guess it'd have to be...

Gah. It's tough. I don't know.

Seeing Wrighty play again would be good.
:D
Wed 17/08/05 at 18:55
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> If I could go back in time, and watch a true great in their prime,
> it'd be him, not Pele or Maradona. The videos I've seen of him
> playing - wow.

Do you happen to know of any sites with videos of him?

> I can't wait to see Barcelona vs Valencia in September. I'll be able
> to say I've seen Ronaldinho (get injured, boyo, and I shall be the
> first person in the world to wipe that smile off your face), and
> he'll be remembered as a Pele-scale legend. Maybe more so, because
> he'll have won more.

Lucky you, going to see that. It'll be full of stars, have fun :) Get me an autograph if you can :P
Wed 17/08/05 at 18:54
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> >I always seehim at the
> Benfica matches though
>
> I missed this first time round - you live in Lisbon, do you?

Nah, nah I live in London but I have Portuguese TV here :)
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lipe wrote:
> It's a thunderous shot

Any time anyone mentions anything like that, I just remember growing up with Tony Yeboah and his cannon for a leg...

:'}
Regular
Clazon wrote:

> Who from the past would you most like to see again?

--

Eusebio ;)
Regular
Lipe wrote:
>I always seehim at the
> Benfica matches though

--

I missed this first time round - you live in Lisbon, do you?
Wed 17/08/05 at 18:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hmmm. Brings up an interesting idea.

Who from the past would you most like to see again?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.