GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You and me both, mate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 15:52
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=299428&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Carvalho+upset+at+axe&channel=football_home[/URL]

I'm with Ricardo on this one. Leaving aside the fact he's in my fantasy football team - Last season, 3rd best central defender in the Premiership behind Terry and Carragher. He's pacy, can pass well, got a good head on him and tackles like a demon. He's better than William Gallas.

Not that I'm saying Gallas is a bad defender, far from it. I'd love it if his rumoured transfer to 'Pool had actually happened. But he's not as good as Carvalho, not by a long shot.

So, me and Carvalho are united in our confusion at the tactics of Jose.If it was just to give Gallas some playing time so he'd stop crying like a big Gallic baby all the time, I'd understand. But (1) He'd have told Carvalho and (2) Jose doesn't pander to player's whiney little protests, good man.

So, I ask you, why has he been dropped? I want clean sheet points. Carvalho, my friend, I must transfer you from my team. But I love Portugal, I have been there many times. You shall be straight back once Jose stops taking the crazy Francophile pills.

In the mean time...make your cases for my team, messers Del Horno/Carragher/Ashley Cole
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:37
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Plus Maniche -Arsenal made me happy. Maniche -career Russian doldrums
> didn't. He's a champion, who scored one of my 3 most favouritest
> goals (Giggs vs Arsenal and Mikey vs Argentina the others) and should
> be somewhere good. Lyon wanted him, but let Dinamo crappy Moscow nick
> him. Mind, they have lots of oil so must pay him boatloads to stay
> there.

Yep, I think they now have about 12 players who speak Portuguese, I wonder how well they'll do.

> And I am PES3 Portugal player, all the way. But they're awful on
> PES4, so Brazil for me. PES5, back to Portgual.

Didn't have PES3 but on PES4 I blame Pauleta...hate his guts.

> (Oh, and unlocking Eusebio? Sweeeeeet lord the goals doth rain down
> upon the Stryke)

:O You know about the legendary Eusebio too? You are the god. I was talking to a mate yesterday who is into football a lot but I was shocked when I mentioned Eusebio and he replied with "who?" I cried :(
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:30
Regular
Plus Maniche -> Arsenal made me happy. Maniche -> career Russian doldrums didn't. He's a champion, who scored one of my 3 most favouritest goals (Giggs vs Arsenal and Mikey vs Argentina the others) and should be somewhere good. Lyon wanted him, but let Dinamo crappy Moscow nick him. Mind, they have lots of oil so must pay him boatloads to stay there.

And I am PES3 Portugal player, all the way. But they're awful on PES4, so Brazil for me. PES5, back to Portgual.

(Oh, and unlocking Eusebio? Sweeeeeet lord the goals doth rain down upon the Stryke)
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:28
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> > You seemed to be saying that it wasn't too hard to beat Newcastle? I
> can only assume this won't be the only red card they have all season
> and that injuries occur within most sides. The chances of playing a
> big clash whilst one team has an injury will be reasonably high.

--

No, I was saying it wasn't too hard to keep a clean sheet against a toothless side who would spend the match defending - which they did.

--

> Who's pretending? I would say "yes please" to most of the
> players in Chelsea/Liverpool/Man U/etcs squad. However, Mourinho got
> it right on form picking Gallas in my opinion and Carvalho has been
> playing worse than him.

--

You'd say 'yes please' but you think he's awful? Do you apply this logic to the women in your life?
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:25
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> Ah yes...Euro 2004...broke my heart it did :( I think we are one of
> the few admirers of the Mighty Maniche...though I was gobsmacked
> when
> he signed for that Russian team.
>
> You can't not admire him for that goal. I was happy when we
> were linked with him.

Me too! I really wished he would of come :(

> + the over ruling factor that I usually play as Portugal on PES
> counts for alot.
>
> :)

Portugal fan deep down eh? Pfft...how can you not like Carvalho? :( And Gallas was on better form...but he was playing on the left wing while Carvalho was in the center...
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:23
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lipe wrote:
> Ah yes...Euro 2004...broke my heart it did :( I think we are one of
> the few admirers of the Mighty Maniche...though I was gobsmacked when
> he signed for that Russian team.

You can't not admire him for that goal. I was happy when we were linked with him.

+ the over ruling factor that I usually play as Portugal on PES counts for alot.

:)
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Stryke wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> So that means their going to finish below 10th this season?
>
> --
>
> Didn't say that. What's that got to do with anything.
>
> You - Keeping clean sheet against a 10-man Newcastle with 1 old
> striker = triumph.
>
> Me - Nothing about Newcastle's league position. Keep up.

You seemed to be saying that it wasn't too hard to beat Newcastle? I can only assume this won't be the only red card they have all season and that injuries occur within most sides. The chances of playing a big clash whilst one team has an injury will be reasonably high.

> Ah, but I didn't make any claims about our defence. At all.

Neither did I...

> And I'm not too proud to say 'Carvalho? Yes please' instead of pretending
> he's awful

Who's pretending? I would say "yes please" to most of the players in Chelsea/Liverpool/Man U/etcs squad. However, Mourinho got it right on form picking Gallas in my opinion and Carvalho has been playing worse than him.
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:20
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> I love the Portgual, my friend. I put money on them for Euro 2004
> (sadly), I've been there most years of my life, and they produce the
> best players in the world, like King Figo, Christiano and THE
> MANICHE. Oh, and Carvalho.

Ah yes...Euro 2004...broke my heart it did :( I think we are one of the few admirers of the Mighty Maniche...though I was gobsmacked when he signed for that Russian team.
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:15
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> I can always rely on Stryke here to back me up when it comes
> to the Portuguese players, ain't that right Stryke? :D

--

I love the Portgual, my friend. I put money on them for Euro 2004 (sadly), I've been there most years of my life, and they produce the best players in the world, like King Figo, Christiano and THE MANICHE. Oh, and Carvalho.
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> So that means their going to finish below 10th this season?

--

Didn't say that. What's that got to do with anything.

You - Keeping clean sheet against a 10-man Newcastle with 1 old striker = triumph.

Me - Nothing about Newcastle's league position. Keep up.

--

> Oh. And well done for conquering Middlesborough. Well, I guess small
> steps make progress...

--

Ah, but I didn't make any claims about our defence. At all. And I'm not too proud to say 'Carvalho? Yes please' instead of pretending he's awful because he plays for a local rival that outplayed us last season. Oh, and last week as well.
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> Oh. And well done for conquering Middlesborough. Well, I guess small
> steps make progress...

:o Now now, play nice!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.