GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mikey-Watch"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/08/05 at 12:00
Regular
Another thread on Mikey, true. But I have to keep my hopes up. Losing my favourite 'Pool striker is a blow that can only be softened with the return of the only 'Pool player I have loved more than him. Mikey is on his way back - that's what The Times seems to think:

[URL]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,428-1736832,00.html[/URL]

Read that in my paper this morning before my run, and then amused myself by thinking of Mikey while running (not in a gay way).

Stevie says he'll talk to him in the England training camp. No-one can turn down Stevie. No man, no woman.
Page:
Wed 31/08/05 at 12:52
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Dringo wrote:
> As for Newcastle. Well. Souness can be a good manager, he has made
> some mistakes but he has also performed some miracles. Newcastle have
> spent 35.8 million this summer on Moore, Emre, Parker, Clarke and now
> Owen and they have to do well.

I think you forgot Albert Luque
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:49
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> As for Newcastle. Well. Souness can be a good manager
>
> I actually believed that you could be being serious until you said...
> that.

As a manager he got Blackburn promoted and into Europe twice as well as winning the League Cup.

He won the Scottish Premier League 3 times and the Scottish League Cup like 5 times in the 80's.

He also won the Turkish FA Cup and got Benifica into the champions league (although was still sacked).

He had a bad time in Italy and hasn't got off to a great start at newcastle. Then again he did get them into the semi's of both the UEFA Cup and the FA Cup.
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Dringo wrote:
> As for Newcastle. Well. Souness can be a good manager

I actually believed that you could be being serious until you said... that.
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:41
haha, what?
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:35
Regular
Seriously Stryke you talk about "knowing" football and you sprout so much crap.

Crouch is a very good player... £7 million perhaps not but you have to pay that when the club doesn't wanna let him go.

Owen does not fit in Benitez's plan. The Kop would love him and so would the liverpool board, but Benitez has stuck to his principles, stuck to his plan... what's the point in paying over the odds for a player that doesn't fit in the team?

As for Newcastle. Well. Souness can be a good manager, he has made some mistakes but he has also performed some miracles. Newcastle have spent 35.8 million this summer on Moore, Emre, Parker, Clarke and now Owen and they have to do well.

Owen is the great English goalscorer, 158 goals in 297 games for Liverpool and had the greatest goals to minutes ratio at Real Madrid. Working at Newcastle will be an experience. A big club with a lot of potential who is yet to realise it.

It is Shearer I feel happiest for, his final season playing alongside Owen. Brilliant.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Stryke wrote:
> Plus I bet John Terry, or Carragher, or Nesta, or any good defender,
> can beat him to a header.

Thing is though, you're not playing Terry or nesta every week. And I doubt that he'll be coming up against Carra in a competitive match anytimesoon. If you pump in the long balls to him for 90 minutes, he's going to put 1 or 2 in against average sides, which make up most of the premiership, let's face it. you don't need to score goals against the big teams to be a great striker, which Theirry Henry shows season in, season out.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:12
Regular
But, as many people have been at pains to point out, we've bought him for his skill on the floor. Great.

Plus I bet John Terry, or Carragher, or Nesta, or any good defender, can beat him to a header.

Also, I hate him like evil.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
crouch is the perfect 80th minute sub when yo're 1-0 down - pound the ball into the area for the last 10 minutes and ones bound to hit him and go in. Which is why I think he should be on the bench for England. He may not be £7million talented, but nobody's going to beat him in the air, are they?
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:06
Regular
That sorrow will come. Now all I have is a pressing desire to get a harpoon mighty enough to spear Benitez, Dringo and Souness in one go, before I behead them and throw their remains at Peter Crouch.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:04
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Stryke wrote:
> [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/photo_galleries/4197638.stm[/URL]
>
> I just flicked through that, and my anger grows evern greater.

No Mikey or Baros? My god, I hope no-one tempts you with a piece of rope this week.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.