GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RastaBilly"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/08/05 at 22:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Cambs fan, eh? Just thought I'd welcome you to the conference:

[URL]http://217.32.111.1/clusternationwideportal/index.jsp[/URL]

You're not starved of highlights even at this level. Although they do seem to be a bit behind this season, they haven't updated it with the new teams, I'm pretty sure they will have the highlights of all conf games because they've also got some live games scheduled.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heh.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:55
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Only 2 leagues better than the Conf in the world - The Championship and MLS.
Tue 09/08/05 at 18:44
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
You can't take any points for granted in the Conference, and for this reason I believe Hereford will probably take the title this season. Last year they won every game they played against bottom 6 opposition. That amounts to a cool 36 points. The truth is that part time teams make themselves tough to beat in the Conference, and we've been often held to draws against them.

However, the difference between part and full time does tell, especially towards the end of the season and over Christmas. You'll start to notice the divide after Christmas as there'll probably only be one top half part time team
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
Kidderminster are crap. They were bottom of the League last year by quite a large margin (well... before we got docked 10 points). You should be able to come away with a win, certainly a draw.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Don't worry, our biggest win last season was by 3 goals, and we were pushing for playoffs!

I'm off to Kidderminster this Saturday, hoping for a point at least but I'm not over-confident. We've picked up some pre-season injuries which isn't good at all.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ah, Quinty. Haven't seen him in ages.

No, I'm not going to Forest Green tis too far I'm afraid. Shame, I'd love to see us give a side a thrashing for the first time in about 3 years. Biggest win last season was 3-1 :-( Although little John Turner bagged the first Cambridge hattrick seen since John Taylor's against Cardiff 4 years previously :-)

I'm not on MSN much at all but I'll add you next time I am.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Lets just say that last bit could have been about ten times longer, heh. You might also want to look out for Quinty, a Stevenage fan (grrr) who's on here from time to time. You off to Forest Green next Saturday or is it a bit far for you?

And give me an add to msn if you want (see profile).
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:28
Regular
"You've upset me"
Oh and I'd be very surprised if Gray's were challenging for the title/play offs. They were only promoted from the Conf North last season weren't they? Only just ahead of Cambridge City I may add.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
:-) Thanks for all that and those links.

Forest Green are our first match :-D Hereford's our second game though (first at home). Eep. By those odds it looks like we're predicted higher-mid table. Play-offs if we have a good season. I'd say that's about right. We've actually got a pretty good squad in place now but with so many new faces I'd imagine it'll take a while to gel. Really can't see us going straight back up, but then you never know...

No shame into being into the league you're in; I knew far too much about League 2 last season for it to be healthy :-)
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:16
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Well to give you an idea, Hereford are the favourites this season, and that's probably rightly so considering they've finished 2nd two seasons in a row and been unlucky in the playoffs. They;re a good side but we always tend to get a draw against them. Here's a list of rough odds for the winner of the Conference this season:

Hereford: 4 - 1
Aldershot: 13/2
Stevenage: 7 - 1
Grays Athletic: 15/2
Exeter: 11 - 1
Morecambe: 25/2
Scarborough: 16 - 1
Halifax: 17 - 1
Accrington: 17 - 1
Kidderminster: 18 - 1
Woking: 25 - 1
Dag & Red: 30 - 1
Cambridge: 33 - 1
York: 33 - 1
Crawley Town: 40 - 1
Burton Albion: 60 - 1
Gravesend: 65 - 1
Southport: 70 - 1
Canvey Island: 80 - 1
Forest Green: 120 - 1

Saying that, I'd argue some of the odds aren't accurate. I can't personally see Grays finishing inside the playoffs or challenging for the title. I think Stevenage and Aldershot have also been talked up, like every season, but then they fail to put it together. For an outside bet I'd go with Exeter, they looked class when they played us last season and they've got the Man Utd money. The reason why Forest Green have such poor odds is because they finished 20th and should have been relegated, however Northwich went bankrupt so had to be removed alltogether.

As for Woking, if you'd asked me a couple of seasons ago we'd have been fighting for our lives. Season after season we were down there, and then exactly two seasons ago we made a dramatic last day escape, by one point (we had awful goal difference after losing 5 - 0 about 6 times). We actually were top of the league after 6 games, and then lost 7 in a row. Amazing season. Since then we've been wallowing around between mid-table and playoffs what with being under new ownership. Last season we had a late playoff push and were unlucky not to be there, really. However, after having one of the best defensive records in the league we lost our two centre backs, and a forward. Big losses, and they'll be hard to replace even despite some cover coming in.

Oh, and our manager's useless son is going to be playing at left back, hence I predict another season of mid-table-ness. And just for the record, as I'll be mentioning it again, I love Ian Selley 4eva. <3 <3

Some other links that may interest you:

Confguide: [URL]http://www.confguide.com/[/URL]
Last Season's Table: [URL]http://www.confguide.com/pastTable.do?season=2004[/URL]
Ian Selley <3: [URL]http://217.32.111.1/clusternationwideportal/index.jsp?midsection=videoPlayer§ion=fixtures&teamId=ah_AGR200_1089296256921_1002119253&fixture=102761&videoId=1138272[/URL]

Phew, if you haven't realised by now I'm really in to my Conference footy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.