GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHO HATES AGE RESTRICTIONS!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 19:54
Regular
I hate games with age restrictions

it annoying
wot do u think?

nuff said
Fri 15/06/01 at 17:57
Age restriction surely has to be the best way of keeping track of what can be watched or played by the younger audience. Anyway surely you all know someone who can get a copy of age restricted games and videos for you! If not you need to try harder at being a 12 year old.
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:01
who cares,you can get games so easy,you could be 2 and buy soldier of fortune
Thu 21/06/01 at 18:34
Do People Never Learn.

This has to be said, Age restrictions are there for a reason. My Mums cousin saw the Exorcist and nearly diedof fright. SHE WAS 15!!!!

If the cinema had kept in sinc with the age restictions then this would not have happened.

I am now 18 and have no worrys about age restrictions, I can see how frustrating they can be but they are there for a reason. However I feel that some games have an age restriction that is too high

GTA - 18 - should be a 15 as there is violance but it is not very realistic.

Zelda 2 - 11+ - Why?, its about Imps for christ sake.

Conkers:BFD - Mature - should be a small warning but it really is not that bad.

Again the same applys for some films, for instance

Blair Witch Project - 15 - not scary, dull, should be 12.

Blair Witch 2 -15 - shouldn't have been released!

Hollowman - 18- should be a 15.

So you can see my point, age resrictions are useful, but they are too strict, maybe we should switch to the american system. We have to get something good off them.
Sun 12/08/01 at 17:10
Regular
*rolls on the floor laughing*
exorcist scary......hahahhaahahhaha
oh good one

i know this is an old post but....

why are you complaining about age restrictions people? there is one very easy way to get around them...get someone else to buy it..most certificates are over causous anyways...that is unless your parents really dont wont to see or play something that they think is unsuitable then get over it you arent missing anything.....except for the ability to buy beer but thats another story
Thu 16/08/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
If there wernt age restrictions, then everything would have to be written for the lowest age group that would play them.

Quake would be a ninty cartooner with Nerf weapons!

Res Evil would be running round a bouncy castle shooting cuddly toys with a water pistol.

GTA would be running up to a car, and instead of jacking it, the bloke would negiotate a good deal and buy it off them.

Age restrictions are tight, and always are on the "safe" side, but they are there for a reason. As dull as the Excorcist was, you can see how a 5 year old might not be able to sleep at night over it. They are aimed so that the viewer is not desensitised to such content before they should be. Kids round my way are smashing up cars, spraypainting fences and talking like Roy Chubby Brown, and I bet they diddnt get that from Playbus.

Its not the way it should be.
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:42
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
I think there should be age restrictions like Under 50 and Under 70.... so that they dont get heart attacks!
Mon 27/08/01 at 19:41
The thing about age restrictions is that they are there for a purpose:

1. To stop the immature or people who shouldn't see stuff that is present on games/films.

2. To give parents more control over viewing.

3. To encourage people who are above the age rating or on it, into thinking "ahh, this must be good, it has an 18 certicate."

Which ever way you look at it, I doubt things would change drastically.

One stupid thing I have known though, is that someone I know, could buy a 12 certificate video, but not a pg (this was a few years ago now). Overall, the guidance should go in my opinion:

Uc
U
Pg

Seems more logical than the current system. All should be brought in to line, with games and films using the same age restriction, therefore reducing confusion which may result.
Wed 05/09/01 at 21:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Armitage Shanks wrote:

Americans dont get cable TV free...

well it's true but they get around 60-100 channels, but it's not cable..+ sorry for answering this about 3 months too late.
Thu 06/09/01 at 17:50
I hate age restrictions. Anyways, I’m playing this game (Forgot what it is) and I complete it (In about two days) and decide to part exchange it. And I look at the back to see the original price and I see that it's a 15! And I’m going yeah, I’m about three years underage and I can handle it. I've seen my mum’s childminding kids laughing, when I’m playing Medal Of Honour as I blow Nazis brains out! Game companies want more sales, so why don't they distribute their games to all ages, and then they'd make more money, really their losing out on hundreds of sales this way.
Fri 07/09/01 at 13:38
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
When I tried to buy GTA it was obvious I wasn't 18! I think i was about 13 at the time, i'd never been turned down before, but that guy had the right idea, he wasn't going to be the reason i turned out to be a maniac! the age restrictions are there for a reason, I remeber when i was a kid, if i'd watched terminator when I was 8 I would'nt have been able to get back to sleep, but since i'm a lot older, I can handle it.....and so on. Just because you can't buy it from a shop, Sr will sell it to you! :D they gave me perfect dark, thats an 18! he he. i'm still a young lad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.