GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Brother - A review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/08/05 at 14:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The best, the funniest, and by FAR the most accurate...

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/columnists/story/0,,1542702,00.html[/URL]

God bless Charlie Brooker!
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:51
Regular
The first series of BB was of slight interest to myself, mainly because it was a new thing that hadn't been done before. (or had it? I don't know)

I stopped watching it by the second time round, mainly because it was just basic trash TV that did the same thing as the year before.

Meh. It's over soon, we can reclaim our televisions back, hurrah!
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hahaha

To be honest, I decided to watch it for once and catch a show every so often.
I don't vote or talk to anyone about it and tend to feel loathing for all the contestants.

Much like the blokey who wrote that review, he obviously watched it to tear it to bits.
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> stuff

Good lord...I'd underestimated the power of your bile on this 'un.

Personally, I don't have a problem with that sort of TV. I do have a problem with it being given more value than it should (for example, in the way you describe people having discussions on who's gonna be evicted etc). I find it, in itself, harmless. I agree that the cynical money-making behind it does grind on ones soul, but...well, bread and circuses has ALWAYS been a method of mass control. At least this way doesn't involve Lions dining on a Christian appertiser.

But generally, I take the approach with it as I do when slating Mary Whitehouse types who disapprove of programming schedules; if one doesn't like it, turn over. There are several hundred channels of cack tv; there's bound to be at least one for everyone.

> By mellowed, do you mean neutered?

Heh. Nope; quite the opposite (but now is not the time for bragging about Mrs Light and I. If only cos her Ma was staying this weekend...).
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:35
Goatboy wrote:
> Television is stupid, pure and simple.

Incorrect.
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Light wrote:
> Balls. It can be watched in the same way as monkeys flinging faeces
> at a zoo; for laughs.

No, it really can't. Monkeys in zoos know no better.
These insects on BB know and revel in this, desperately wallow in their 15mins before it's clawed away from them and they're cast back into whatever purgatory they existed before.
Television is stupid, pure and simple. And this sort of utter bilge drives it further and further below the level of what a person should find acceptable.
It exists to create money for Endemol through advertising revenues and phone vote ££. That's the sole reason for this thing being in it's whatever year of airing now.
And assfaces that watch, regardless of whether they're mates or not, keep it on the air. It serves no purpose, it does not entertain in any other way than watching a retard having sex with a pig - it doesn't know any better.
It should cause embarassment to admit to being a viewer instead of a topic of conversation at work - I've heard adults discussing who was evicted and did you seee so-and-so.

> Course, it can also be treated as a live-action soap opera. Which
> is...odd. And not to my tastes. But live and let live...

It is the same as soap opera in that it's a sedative.
Something brightly coloured and constructed to make sure Mr & Mrs Homeowner keep buying those products they see and building bigger fences around their nice little gardens.

This programme specifically, and tv in general, is made by cynics for retards to make money.
End of story.

>Jesus, I've mellowed....

By mellowed, do you mean neutered?
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:18
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:

> There is no excuse at all for wanting to watch this purile, base
> drek.

Balls. It can be watched in the same way as monkeys flinging faeces at a zoo; for laughs.

Course, it can also be treated as a live-action soap opera. Which is...odd. And not to my tastes. But live and let live...

Jesus, I've mellowed....
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Kinga, who, just when you genuinely believed TV couldn't possibly shock you from your jaded, end-of-the-world ironic detachment bubble, celebrated her second night in the house by m@sturbating with a wine bottle in the middle of the lawn"

ANYBODY that watches this programme, for whatever reason, is hereby forfeit as a human being of evolved status.
It would be more scientific and/or entertaining to watch chimpanzees flinging their own faeces at the wall and trying to bash out Shakespeare on a word processor.
There is no excuse at all for wanting to watch this purile, base drek.
And the people that actually give money to this show by voting are, if this is possible, even stupider than the viewers.
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:11
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I love it; it always seems to be a mix of 'tards and people there for the experience. All of whom are utterly narcissistic. Great fun for the condescending among us...

I would LOVE to be on BB. I reckon I'd plumb new depths of machiavellian, self obsessed evil.
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
monkey_man wrote:
> They're not chavs. Chavs are kids. These are adults with an agenda
> to get on TV and wiggle their bums for their bonkers mates back home.
> Retards.

The adult equivelant of chavs then.
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They're not chavs. Chavs are kids. These are adults with an agenda to get on TV and wiggle their bums for their bonkers mates back home. Retards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.