GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Brother - A review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/08/05 at 14:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The best, the funniest, and by FAR the most accurate...

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/columnists/story/0,,1542702,00.html[/URL]

God bless Charlie Brooker!
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
**edit**
I'm not going to waste hate on a Big Brother argument.
It's a crap show and anybody that watches it is beyond stupid - ironic viewing or not.
No excuses.
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Nah, course not. I think it was the "anyone who watches this forfeits their right of evolved status" bit I was referring to. I know you're not saying "ban it" (a little bit of mischief on my part truth be known), but...well, this is the first of you "You're stupid and wrong" rants that I haven't agreed with.

When it comes to TV, my personal approach nowadays is "Just change the 'cking channel". I leave the bile to Brooker. I plain and simple cannot get that worked up about a program I don't watch. ~shrugs~ Each to their own. And like I say; no-one dies in Big Brother. I'd call that an advance on Bread and Circuses.
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I dont remember calling for any kind of censorship or banning of anything did I?
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:21
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:

> The irony of quoting Hicks in a thread where you defend watching Big
> Brother is overwhelming...

Mate, so is the irony of you calling for censorship, or banning of a program...

Hell, remember his routine on COPS? We all have our guilty televisual pleasures.
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Light wrote:
> Go and watch Bravo for 24 hours.
>
> Then we'll talk.
-----

The irony of quoting Hicks in a thread where you defend watching Big Brother is overwhelming...
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:14
And generally - with American imports at least - it's escapism.
A lot of it is non-sensical, made up drivel. But it's escapism.

If it keeps people entertained then so be it.
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:07
Light wrote:
> blimmerfisch wrote:
>
> Incorrect.
>
>
> Then we'll talk.

I think I'd rather burrow my face into a bed of nails.

All mainstream television aimed at anyone between 0-27 is utterly, utterly idiotic and mind numbingly dreadful. I agree.

But to say that everything on television is "stupid" is absurd. It's not necessarily what's put on television/the people who put it there that's stupid, but the people who watch it and support it. The masses are pleased by it, so more is put on.

But indeed, my point is that not everything is stupid.
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
gamesfreak wrote:

> That's kind of an invalid arguement,

I know this may take you by surprise, as I'm notorious for taking things WAY too seriously.

But...

I was being facetious.

That said, go and watch Channel 5 for another 24 hours. We'll talk further still.
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:02
Regular
Light wrote:

That's kind of an invalid arguement, I say kind of because it applies to television, but it's only on cable/Sky.

Most cable channels such as Bravo contain trash TV which is stupid.

....but you can't beat a bit of Hoff in Knight Rider :P
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
blimmerfisch wrote:

> Incorrect.

Go and watch Bravo for 24 hours.

Then we'll talk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.