GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rafa rules out Owen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"I'm an insanely stupid and red-faced person" commented Rafael Benitez, at a press conference today, before anyone had even asked him anything.

Once Rafa had been persuaded to raise his head out of Peter Crouch's groin, he proceeded to rule himself out of the Michael Owen race.

"For a start, he's faster than me!" said Rafa. Unfortunately, no-one laughed at his joke. Instead, the assembled media simply laughed at Rafa, for he had a £7 million honeysuckle-support sitting next to him.

"No, you see, I really do not need this Owen character. Last season, you see, I had 3 strikers, and that wasn't enough for me. Now, I am selling that guy Baros, so I will have 3 strikers. That is enough for me, cunningly meaning I can complain like a donkey with a thorn in it's schlong when Peter Crouch doesn't, as I expect, score 2 goals a game."

At this point, the media stopped asking any questions, because it was clear the extremely red-cheeked person wanted to be alone with his lamppost of a friend.

--

I want Mikey back. So does every Liverpool fan.
Mon 08/08/05 at 19:05
Regular
Interesting snippet of info - apparently the No. 10 shirt is currently in limbo.

Fans wanting to purchase a shirt from official club shops with "GARCIA - 10" emblazoned across the back have been advised not to by store workers.

Normal procedure at this stage of the season? Maybe. Just a simple juggling of squad numbers among the team? Perhaps. Or is Michael Owen flying through the air right now making demands left, right and centre including the coveted No. 10 shirt? Almost certainly :^)
Mon 08/08/05 at 17:22
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Come back home Micky O.
Mon 08/08/05 at 17:03
Regular
But SWP is a stupidly high price for a good player. Jenas is a stupidly high price for an average player.
Mon 08/08/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> £15m for Jenas (more than Owen!?) is silly money.
> £7m would be about fair in my book.

And people wonder why managers keep signing foreign players instead of English players. This is exactly why, stupidly high prices
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:55
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Grandprix wrote:
> I think Baros has been included in every Champions League squad so
> far. They just haven't played him, so he keeps his value.
>
> Indeed. He's there on the offchance that everyone else on the bench
> breaks their face.

--

And even then, Rafa would probably bring his fat self on first instead of Milan.

Great news about Traore though. It's like a new signing, him being injured :)
Mon 08/08/05 at 14:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
Grandprix wrote:
> I think Baros has been included in every Champions League squad so
> far. They just haven't played him, so he keeps his value.

Indeed. He's there on the offchance that everyone else on the bench breaks their face.
Mon 08/08/05 at 14:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
KOPKING wrote:
> Baros has been included in the squad for the CSKA Sofia game. Could
> this be an indication he may be staying now?

I doubt it. I think Benitez will budge on the price closer to the dealine and if he doesn't leave this window he'll certainly go in January.
Mon 08/08/05 at 14:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think Baros has been included in every Champions League squad so far. They just haven't played him, so he keeps his value.
Mon 08/08/05 at 14:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
therage79 wrote:
> I cant See why Arsenal don't go for both..Jenas and Owen. Arsene is
> well documented as being an Owen fan and we could do with another
> striker that could guarentee goals, especially if Henry misses a few
> games. The 'fox in the box' that he insanly though Franny Jeffers
> was, and for 10 ish million not that expensive!

Fair play to Jeffers though, he was excellent at Everton. Just couldn't translate it.

£15m for Jenas (more than Owen!?) is silly money. £7m would be about fair in my book.
Mon 08/08/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Baros has been included in the squad for the CSKA Sofia game. Could this be an indication he may be staying now?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.