GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rafa rules out Owen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"I'm an insanely stupid and red-faced person" commented Rafael Benitez, at a press conference today, before anyone had even asked him anything.

Once Rafa had been persuaded to raise his head out of Peter Crouch's groin, he proceeded to rule himself out of the Michael Owen race.

"For a start, he's faster than me!" said Rafa. Unfortunately, no-one laughed at his joke. Instead, the assembled media simply laughed at Rafa, for he had a £7 million honeysuckle-support sitting next to him.

"No, you see, I really do not need this Owen character. Last season, you see, I had 3 strikers, and that wasn't enough for me. Now, I am selling that guy Baros, so I will have 3 strikers. That is enough for me, cunningly meaning I can complain like a donkey with a thorn in it's schlong when Peter Crouch doesn't, as I expect, score 2 goals a game."

At this point, the media stopped asking any questions, because it was clear the extremely red-cheeked person wanted to be alone with his lamppost of a friend.

--

I want Mikey back. So does every Liverpool fan.
Mon 01/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"I'm an insanely stupid and red-faced person" commented Rafael Benitez, at a press conference today, before anyone had even asked him anything.

Once Rafa had been persuaded to raise his head out of Peter Crouch's groin, he proceeded to rule himself out of the Michael Owen race.

"For a start, he's faster than me!" said Rafa. Unfortunately, no-one laughed at his joke. Instead, the assembled media simply laughed at Rafa, for he had a £7 million honeysuckle-support sitting next to him.

"No, you see, I really do not need this Owen character. Last season, you see, I had 3 strikers, and that wasn't enough for me. Now, I am selling that guy Baros, so I will have 3 strikers. That is enough for me, cunningly meaning I can complain like a donkey with a thorn in it's schlong when Peter Crouch doesn't, as I expect, score 2 goals a game."

At this point, the media stopped asking any questions, because it was clear the extremely red-cheeked person wanted to be alone with his lamppost of a friend.

--

I want Mikey back. So does every Liverpool fan.
Mon 01/08/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
We'll make him feel very comfortable at Old Trafford don't you worry :-D
Mon 01/08/05 at 16:58
Regular
I would be angry, but to be honest I'll be glad to see him back in the Premiership whatever club he ends up at.

And I hope he buries one or two past Reina. Not that I want Liverpool to lose, mind, Baros' transfer to Aston Villa will have fallen through and he'll score a hatrick at the other end.
Mon 01/08/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Green & White Army"
I also want Mikey back. I still wear my old Liverpool top with Owen on the back with pride whilst recieing abuse. You been on the Liverpool forums Stryke? The majority really dont want him back though. :(

On a brighter note Nunez has now been sold and I heard from someone that we recieved between £2/3million for him (dont know whether to believe that or not.)
Mon 01/08/05 at 17:23
Regular
KOPKING wrote:
> I also want Mikey back. I still wear my old Liverpool top with Owen on
> the back with pride whilst recieing abuse. You been on the Liverpool
> forums Stryke? The majority really dont want him back though. :(

--

All of the people I know (i.e. not internet people) who are Liverpool fans want Mikey back. People on net forums for sports clubs generally blindly follow a manager and will probably say stuff like "Why do we need Owen? We've got Crouch."

Mikey was a big fan favourite. Alright, he wasn't a Stevie or Carra, but he wasn't Scouse. But he was as loved as it's possible to be without being born on Merseyside. Baros has been a Kop favourite, but not on Mikey levels, and Cisse seems to be getting there, but he's got a long way to go.

Finally, any fan of ANY club who doesn't want Michael Owen is a very stupid stupid person. He's goals on legs. You can see why Alex Ferguson wants him, yes? Alan Smith is becoming a midfielder, Ruud is losing his sharpness 2 years before he should be, Saha is an expensive mistake and you can't rely on Rooney for an outright goalscorer, no matter how talented he is.

Finally some more, imagine how good it'd be for England to have Owen and Rooney playing together all season. It'd be goals galore, World Cup practise all over the shop and it'd finally shut up those gluesniffers who think Jermaine Defoe is anyway near the class of Michaal Owen.

--
--
>
> On a brighter note Nunez has now been sold and I heard from someone
> that we recieved between £2/3million for him (dont know whether
> to believe that or not.)

--

I find that hard to believe. I'd pay Celta Vigo to take him off the wage bill.
Mon 01/08/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Stryke wrote:
> People on net forums for sports clubs generally
> blindly follow a manager and will probably say stuff like "Why
> do we need Owen? We've got Crouch."

Lol that is exactly what some of them are sayin.
Mon 01/08/05 at 17:30
Regular
That's exactly what Rafa is saying.

"Trust in Rafa".

Why? He did worse than Houllier did in his last season. Granted, he had to go down to the last day to secure Champions League placing (for you, Rafa). Not that I'm saying Rafa insn't a great manager, but anyone who watched our Champions League campaign can't deny we were very lucky at stages. Again, not diminishing the achievement, I was very happy.

Who scored the goal that drew the game with Newcastle and got us into Europe?

Guess.

Come back, Mikey.
Mon 01/08/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Green & White Army"
I do trust Rafa 100% and I am possibly blinded by the Champions League success but I can't understand why he isn't interested. If a player of Mikey's stature becomes availiable and you have first option it needs to be considered at least.
Mon 01/08/05 at 17:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
14/15 odd goals last season and only making substitute appearances most of the time! That speaks for itself. I'm not a Liverpool or Man U fan but I want to see Owen back in regular first team football , the World Cup is only a year away! If he doesn't get first team football his place in the England squad will be harder and harder to justify with Rooney, SWP and Smith all battling for a striker spot.
Mon 01/08/05 at 18:04
Regular
I don't really think Alan Smith or SWP are in the frame for Mikey's position, somehow.

Jermain Defoe is the only one people talk about.

Then there's Peter Crouch, of course!!11

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.