GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecubes future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 00:39
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Lets get this straight - im a big nintendo fan. I got the gamecube on the day of release and have been following it for ages and have really enjoyed it. But recently ive had less and less intrest in it. One of the reasons for this is the games scheduled to be released just haven't interested me.

I mean think of the games being released or just released on the xbox or ps2. Games such as Killzone and Gta San Andreas on the PS2 have been highly anticipated. Then theres games on the Xbox such as Fable and Halo 2 - two of the most wanted games for years. But where is Gamecubes big games? Metroid Prime 2 is coming out soon and looks great, i grant you that. Other then that though i can't think of any games coming out soon on the GC that im really excited about.

And the gaming industry is approaching it's biggest sales period for the year - christmas. With the decline of great and wanted gamecube games on the list for the end of this year is gamecubes time up?

Lets hear everyone elses opinions on this - it's intresting to see what other people feel.
Sat 30/10/04 at 17:20
Regular
Burnout 3 may come yet... I half expect an announcement a few weeks after Need For Speed Underground 2.
Sat 30/10/04 at 17:19
Regular
the problem with the gamecube is that it doesnt have online play and therefore games such as burnout 3 werent released for the gamecube. diappointing for everyone. i dunno if nintendo have any plans for easy onlineplay for the gamecube. does anyone have any news on it?
Sat 30/10/04 at 17:18
Regular
the problem with the gamecube is that it doesnt have online play and therefore games such as burnout 3 werent released for the gamecube. diappointing for everyone. i dunno if nintendo have any plans for easy onlineplay for the gamecube.
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:33
Regular
The original sold very well so this one probably will too.
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:17
"Goodbye Cruel World"
tphi wrote:
> I hope it'll sell better. What with all the bells and whistles on it
> over the first one and a much better ad campaign it should.

Unfortunately games that should sell well sometimes do not sell well, especially on the gamecube.
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:00
Regular
tphi wrote:
> I hope it'll sell better. What with all the bells and whistles on it
> over the first one and a much better ad campaign it should.

And the fact it is released at Christmas.

The original hit number one in Europe and America and sold 1.2 million copies in America. Very good for a Gamecube game, Zelda sold 1.4 million in America as a comparison. One looks like an adult game and the other looks like a kids one.

Proving that adult games do sell on the Gamecube.
Wed 27/10/04 at 18:09
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I hope it'll sell better. What with all the bells and whistles on it over the first one and a much better ad campaign it should.
Wed 27/10/04 at 15:56
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> I mean killer app in the sense that, in my books, the game is going to
> be a 9.5 - 10/10 title. I don't think this second instalment of
> Metroid can hit these standards, whereas I'm confident Halo 2 will,
> and Pro Evo will at least come close.

I think Metroid Prime will get the same critical acclaim as it did last time with its new moves, bigger enemies, nicer graphics, more depth filled puzzles, less backtracking, longer game and of course... the multiplayer mode.

I also hope it'll sell as many as the first one.
Wed 27/10/04 at 12:21
Regular
I really enjoyed Halo, and I was anticipating it far more than I did Zelda and Metroid (after a year of it being released, you have to notice everyone saying it's the best game ever.)

I just can't see how it can get so much critical acclaim with so many obvious flaws. I've played a lot of better XBox games than Halo, and even then they didn't blow me away.

Although I must admit, with system link multiplayer would be truly brilliant, and messing around on the warthog is fun and pointless.

I suppose it's just like Prime really, some people love it, others don't. Only difference is, Prime is about as popular as smoked haddock.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ashman wrote:
> That is because Halo is a different style of game.

Perhaps, but i feel like bundling them together for simplicity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.