GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecubes future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 00:39
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Lets get this straight - im a big nintendo fan. I got the gamecube on the day of release and have been following it for ages and have really enjoyed it. But recently ive had less and less intrest in it. One of the reasons for this is the games scheduled to be released just haven't interested me.

I mean think of the games being released or just released on the xbox or ps2. Games such as Killzone and Gta San Andreas on the PS2 have been highly anticipated. Then theres games on the Xbox such as Fable and Halo 2 - two of the most wanted games for years. But where is Gamecubes big games? Metroid Prime 2 is coming out soon and looks great, i grant you that. Other then that though i can't think of any games coming out soon on the GC that im really excited about.

And the gaming industry is approaching it's biggest sales period for the year - christmas. With the decline of great and wanted gamecube games on the list for the end of this year is gamecubes time up?

Lets hear everyone elses opinions on this - it's intresting to see what other people feel.
Tue 26/10/04 at 20:37
Regular
No I was argueing that there was a good selection of games on show this year. I wasn't disputing the fact they are on seperate systems.

You can say Nintendo's exclusive line up is bad (and although it isn't nearly as good as 2003 and won't be nearly as good as 2004 it is pretty good) but then it far surpasses X-boxes and PS2's exclusive games.
Tue 26/10/04 at 20:07
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Edgy wrote:
> So you're saying, Ash, that a multiformat game doesn't matter to
> someone with just a GameCube? :P

No, I'm saying you can't use that as an excuse for Gamecube to have a better line-up than another console, which Dringo was trying to do.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:42
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Dringo wrote:
> Give me a list of PS2 and X-box exclusive games this year and lets
> compare.

Im not trying to create a console war here because im a big Nintendo fan and i can't be bothered to write a big list. I saying this from a Nintendo point of view that im actually quite dissapointed in the quality and quanitity of the games they have been releasing.

And as Ashman said with LIVE becoming big, i find im using my gamecube less and less.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:27
Regular
crajo90 wrote:

> Second open your eyes! It's winter!

And there has been 4 Nintendo games released in the last 2 months and a few very good third party titles too.

In fact PS2 hasn't had anything released that is major in the last 2 months and Microsoft have had Fable.

Pikmin 2 and Donkey Konga are actually pretty big Nintendo releases.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:25
Regular
Pringle28 wrote:

Some stuff about exclusive games.

Give me a list of PS2 and X-box exclusive games this year and lets compare.

Metroid Prime is a killer app. An utterly fantastic killer app.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:25
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Whitestripes X wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
>
> My problem? No killer app -
>
> It's called Metroid, but you're not sophisticated enough to
> understand.

Hey hey no need to get personal. Lets try and have an intelligent disscusion without using personal insults. And as for metroid prime 2 i can't see that selling that well in the UK, even after the success of the first one.

*cough* cretin *cough*
Tue 26/10/04 at 18:43
Regular
Whitestripes X wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
>
>
> It's called Metroid, but you're not sophisticated enough to
> understand.

Yawn.
Tue 26/10/04 at 18:43
Regular
So you're saying, Ash, that a multiformat game doesn't matter to someone with just a GameCube? :P
Tue 26/10/04 at 18:19
Regular
Ashman wrote:

It's called Metroid, but you're not sophisticated enough to understand.
Tue 26/10/04 at 18:14
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Dringo wrote:
Second Sight - multi format
Colleseum - don't want
Wario Ware - dissapointment
Konga - granted
Pikmin 2 - granted
Day of Reckoning - don't like wrestling
Code Veronica - please
Sonic - stop
Final Fantasy - don't like
Mario Golf - granted
Animal Crossing - granted, but got it two years ago
Prince of Persia - multi format
Splinter Cell - ahahahaha
Phantasy Star Online 3 - haha
Beyond Good and Evil - multi format
Metal Gear Solid - granted...ish...
Harvest Moon - as above
Everything or Nothing - "decent"!? Oh dear oh dear.

> Are just a list of the "decent" Gamecube games released
> this year. Sure not as many as the competitors but plenty for us
> gamers to sink our teeth into.

Tales of Symphonia, Rogue Agent, Call of Duty, MP6 - don't want

Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 2 - will buy

> That my friend is plenty of funking games.

In quantity perhaps, but this year for myself:

Time Spent On Rainbow Six 3/Halo/PGR2 > Time Spent On Cube Overall

My problem? No killer app - and I don't see one on the horizon until the new Zelda. Even though I want Paper Mario 2 a LOT, it's not in the same league as Zelda and Halo 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.