GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecubes future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 00:39
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Lets get this straight - im a big nintendo fan. I got the gamecube on the day of release and have been following it for ages and have really enjoyed it. But recently ive had less and less intrest in it. One of the reasons for this is the games scheduled to be released just haven't interested me.

I mean think of the games being released or just released on the xbox or ps2. Games such as Killzone and Gta San Andreas on the PS2 have been highly anticipated. Then theres games on the Xbox such as Fable and Halo 2 - two of the most wanted games for years. But where is Gamecubes big games? Metroid Prime 2 is coming out soon and looks great, i grant you that. Other then that though i can't think of any games coming out soon on the GC that im really excited about.

And the gaming industry is approaching it's biggest sales period for the year - christmas. With the decline of great and wanted gamecube games on the list for the end of this year is gamecubes time up?

Lets hear everyone elses opinions on this - it's intresting to see what other people feel.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:38
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
That is because Halo is a different style of game.

And Goldeneye is the best game ever. And Halo is not.

Rainbow Six 3 online is the closest I've come to being compelled with a shooter like I was with Goldeneye.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I concur Halo is a good game alright, but do i feel blown away like when i first played Goldeneye?

No.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:15
Regular
No it wouldn't.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:58
Regular
Nope.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:56
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Whitestripes X wrote:
> Halo is nothing more than a standard FPS. No doubt it will be given
> 9/10-10/10, but that's because the media are stupid.

but if it was on gamecube it would be great???
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:54
Regular
Halo is nothing more than a standard FPS. No doubt it will be given 9/10-10/10, but that's because the media are stupid.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:40
Regular
It's supposed to be very different to the original Prime - despite obvious similarities. So it could be as stunning as the first, just have to wait and see.

There'll be a lot of Cube games I'll be getting this Xmas period, but whether or not any will end up as good as Fable and Halo 2 is yet to be seen. Unfortunately Halo could be a little underwhelming for me as a don't have Live, depending n how much emphasis they're putting on online play over single player.

Ah well, who cares, all I know is I'll be enjoying games muchly this festive season.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:33
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I mean killer app in the sense that, in my books, the game is going to be a 9.5 - 10/10 title. I don't think this second instalment of Metroid can hit these standards, whereas I'm confident Halo 2 will, and Pro Evo will at least come close.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:25
Regular
I take it you mean release this year?

Then yes, Metroid Prime 2.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:14
Regular
Depends what you mean by killer app.

If you're talking about something that sells extremely well, then no, Nintendo don't have any.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.