GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecubes future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 00:39
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Lets get this straight - im a big nintendo fan. I got the gamecube on the day of release and have been following it for ages and have really enjoyed it. But recently ive had less and less intrest in it. One of the reasons for this is the games scheduled to be released just haven't interested me.

I mean think of the games being released or just released on the xbox or ps2. Games such as Killzone and Gta San Andreas on the PS2 have been highly anticipated. Then theres games on the Xbox such as Fable and Halo 2 - two of the most wanted games for years. But where is Gamecubes big games? Metroid Prime 2 is coming out soon and looks great, i grant you that. Other then that though i can't think of any games coming out soon on the GC that im really excited about.

And the gaming industry is approaching it's biggest sales period for the year - christmas. With the decline of great and wanted gamecube games on the list for the end of this year is gamecubes time up?

Lets hear everyone elses opinions on this - it's intresting to see what other people feel.
Tue 26/10/04 at 00:39
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Lets get this straight - im a big nintendo fan. I got the gamecube on the day of release and have been following it for ages and have really enjoyed it. But recently ive had less and less intrest in it. One of the reasons for this is the games scheduled to be released just haven't interested me.

I mean think of the games being released or just released on the xbox or ps2. Games such as Killzone and Gta San Andreas on the PS2 have been highly anticipated. Then theres games on the Xbox such as Fable and Halo 2 - two of the most wanted games for years. But where is Gamecubes big games? Metroid Prime 2 is coming out soon and looks great, i grant you that. Other then that though i can't think of any games coming out soon on the GC that im really excited about.

And the gaming industry is approaching it's biggest sales period for the year - christmas. With the decline of great and wanted gamecube games on the list for the end of this year is gamecubes time up?

Lets hear everyone elses opinions on this - it's intresting to see what other people feel.
Tue 26/10/04 at 02:21
Regular
Erm hello wake up? Paper Mario 2? Tales of Symphonia? Prince of Persia Warrior Within? There's a load more out next year including Resi Evil 4, Legend of Zelda, Timesplitters 3, Geist, Baten Katos, Star Fox 2, Mario Tennis and Viewtiful Joe 2?
Tue 26/10/04 at 02:23
Regular
> I mean think of the games being released or just released on the xbox
> or ps2. Games such as Killzone and Gta San Andreas on the PS2 have
> been highly anticipated. Then theres games on the Xbox such as Fable
> and Halo 2 - two of the most wanted games for years.

Most WANTED games for years? I wouldn't think that way myself even if I don't have a PS2 or X-Box Half Life 2 is far more appealing.
Tue 26/10/04 at 04:09
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
PoP is multiformat. And I can see where he's coming from.

I only plan to buy Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2 for the Cube in the remainder of this year, and even though I'm excited about the DS you have to worry about the state of the home console slightly.

And then there's the fact that in the past 3 months I've played my Xbox far more.
Tue 26/10/04 at 04:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
And Craigooo missed out Pro Evo 4, which will be nothing but uber-greatness.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pikmin 2. If there was ever a reason to own a console.
Tue 26/10/04 at 11:33
Regular
I'm worried.

Yeah, you can say 'Paper Mario 2, Metroid 2 etc...'

But, how many people own a 'Cube? Out of al of my friends and people in most of my classes at school, I'm the only one with a 'Cube.

'Tis a worrying statistic.

Maybe it's just Wales?

Ninty have got to do something right to win back the majority of console owners, and to be honest I don't think the DS is the answer.
Tue 26/10/04 at 11:34
Regular
"0228"
It's not just Wales
Tue 26/10/04 at 11:36
Regular
You got the same problem to?

People these days just don't realise how almighty the 'Cube is.
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:23
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> PoP is multiformat. And I can see where he's coming from.
>
> I only plan to buy Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2 for the Cube in
> the remainder of this year, and even though I'm excited about the DS
> you have to worry about the state of the home console slightly.

Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2 is more than enough!

I'm gonna struggle to get those two and Prince of Persia 2.

Donkey Konga has done pretty well for Nintendo, kudos to that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.