GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Luis Luis Figo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/05 at 18:37
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=290064&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Figo+agrees+Reds+deal&channel=football_home[/URL]

Apologies for starting so many topics, I'll stop now, honest. I just wanted to make it known how much I LOVE this transfer. Luis Figo is a god, we all know this.

And Carra has signed a new contract.

Ooh-hoo-ha-ha, happy happy happy week (since U-Turn Wednesday) for me so far.

Friday - We sign Nesta
Saturday - We sign Rosicky
Sunday - "It was a joke, we haven't really signed you, get out of Melwood, Zenden!"
Sat 09/07/05 at 14:31
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Why, why why? Why does everyone think Zenden is a good buy but says
> Luis Figo is a bad idea?
>
> Am I now living in some strange alter-world where Zenden wasn't
> deemed not good enough for Chelsea (in a world where Gronkjaer was)
> and actually has some skill, and where Luis Figo never won World
> Player of the Year and proved his class season in, season out? Why is
> this?

It's because he's Portuguese ;)
Sat 09/07/05 at 14:30
Regular
Yeah, but Stevie's 25 and Xabi's, what, 23? Didi will be 3rd choice, and I know he's only got a year left, but Sissoko therefore has to wait a year to hope that Xabi or Stevie get injured? That's a helluva career. Get over to Everton with thee.

Reina
Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Riise
Figo-Xabi-Stevie-Garcia
Cisse-Morientes

We don't actually have a reserve central defender, do we? Not one.Unless you count reserve wasters like Zak Whitbread. Surely the Sissoko money would be better spent on a defender. Hell, I'd even take Upson at this point.
Sat 09/07/05 at 14:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I said Figo will be hit or miss.

Zenden has been tested and proven a good player.

Sissoko is clearly better than you think. Sissoko and Xabi or Sissoko and Gerrard would be a good partnership in the middle. He'll be a good sub to have otherwise a very nice stand in man.
Sat 09/07/05 at 14:18
Regular
Why, why why? Why does everyone think Zenden is a good buy but says Luis Figo is a bad idea?

Am I now living in some strange alter-world where Zenden wasn't deemed not good enough for Chelsea (in a world where Gronkjaer was) and actually has some skill, and where Luis Figo never won World Player of the Year and proved his class season in, season out? Why is this?

Also, Sissoko can sing after me - "Sit on, Sit on, with your ass, on the bench, and you'll NEVER START A GAAAAME, YOU'LL NE-VER START, A GAME"
Sat 09/07/05 at 14:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Vierra? Who?

:D

Sissoko is a tad more attacking than that. He too has good long shots and runs forward quickly and strongly. He can also play a kind of relaxed Hamann role. No Vieira, but a good signing none the less.

I think Zenden is a good buy too. But I particularly think Reina was a great buy. Superb keeper and you need one. Hardly gets injured and so solid you could build a house on him. (With the small exception of a howler I saw a couple of weeks ago :S )
Sat 09/07/05 at 12:23
Regular
Rafa also rated Nunez and Josemi. We cannot trust this man when it comes to Spanish imports. Sissoko could be a Xabi/Garcia (doubtful, because he won't play) but he's more likely to be a Biscan.

As for Jack Hobbs being the heart of our defence in 5 years:

1) We need a central defender NOW
2) He's 16, who knows if he'll be good enough?
3) At least he's not Spanish
4) His mum is probably Spanish
Sat 09/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Sissoko can play as a defensive or attacking midfielder and we should thank our lucky stars Everton enquired about him as Rafa had no idea that he was available for such a low price. When Benitez was at Valencia he rated Sissoko so much he put a 60 million euro buy out clause on his contract. I see him as more of a long term replacement for Hamann.

I think if/when Figo joins it will be for 2 years at the most and Gonzales (who can also play down the right side) will be his long term replacement.

Barraghan who Rafa says is the "best young right back in Spain" will be groomed into Finnan's future replacement.

Jack Hobbs the 16 year old who will be signing this week is very highly rated CB who will be the heart of our defense in 5 or so yars.

The future looks really good for Liverpool as opposed to last saeson where our reserves finished bottom of their league.
Sat 09/07/05 at 12:20
Regular
Colourless wrote:
>
>
> Get a LB, re-create Kewell and play him at Right Wing. Get some good
> money for Milan. And you're sorted.

--

Agreed, left back is needed. But therefore, Zenden is needless when we have Riise for the left. Or Garcia, he can play there. And there's always the slight slight possibility that Kewell will stop eating biscuits and play well.

No money for Milan. Lock that man down to a 7 year contract. Bet he scores more goals than Morientes next season.

Cisse, however - goal machine. Henry type goals :)
Sat 09/07/05 at 12:18
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Oh and Sissoko... the next Vierra.

--

But we've got Stevie and Xabi - two midfielders who are better than Vieira.
Sat 09/07/05 at 12:17
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Zenden is fantastic, adds much needed pace in the team

--

You're right. Baros, Cisse, Riise, Gerrard, Garcia - these guys are just plain slow.

--
>
> Mark Gonzales is the best player meanwhile. Just 21, can play
> anywhere down the left flank (so either a full back or a winger).
> Incredibly quick (you should see the boy move on counter-attacks!).
> Great shot with proven goal scoring abilities. Liverpool have bought
> themselves a star!

--

So, he's a good fast left-sided counter-attacker who scores goals....And we're not talking about John Arne Riise here?

--
>
> Reina... consistant Goalkeeper... every top team needs one. Why do
> you feel Arsenal and Manchester united slipped up this season.

--

You've seen how many Villarreal matches this season? An goalie cast aside by Barcelona who's never played in the Premiership can hardly be considered consistent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.