GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LONDON EXPLODED!!!1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/05 at 10:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
EDIT: Just pointing out that this post was made long before it was confirmed as intentional explosions.

Well, it has according to Sky News, the news vulture network. Huge red banners and claxons fill your eyes and ears whenever you skip past that channel. From a more reliable source (BBC News), I see there have been power surges and small explosions, which naturally have affected services.

This quote made me chortle:

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke."

Obviously an out-of-towner.

Enjoy your day off work millions of Londoners!
Page:
Fri 08/07/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Well that was quite lucky - my Mum and Aunt had tickets for the Hampton Court flower show, so they could have gone in yesterday morning instead!

Something quite disturbing I read about a person who is missing: the last time he was seen alive was when he was struggling to get out of some wreckage - by a colleague...who promptly left the person behind. How selfish can you be?
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:43
Regular
"The Red Shift"
EXACTLY.

On another note, I'm suprised to not have seen any body making the headlines by showing sympathy for these bombers.

Basically it says "Yeah we love you guys, we're so sorry to be fighting you on your own land (where you are fighting back and killing our men)."

But "Hey. This is our land. That's not right."
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:39
Regular
"\\"
But as the name might suggest, they only really succeed if they bring about terror, and if everyone keeps calm and gets on with things, then surely they've failed?
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:19
Regular
Lots of people die - terrorists win.

You just can't win against them.
Fri 08/07/05 at 17:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Become scared, the terrorists win.
Fri 08/07/05 at 17:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Cong_Man wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> Amazingly, my Mum and Aunt have decided to go shopping in London
> today. I know it's letting them win if we avoid certain places for
> fear of being bombed to bits, but still...
>
> ACtually, to me it's not that stupid. Security will be tighter and
> more alert in the immediate wake of something like this, plus the
> terrorists will realise this and be more likely to strike somewhere
> else...

Exactly. I would have no fears about catching the train and tube in to central London, just like I have to all next week.
Fri 08/07/05 at 17:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm going into London tomorrow after work for the day, to play on the river etc and I'll be damned if I'll be scared away.
Fri 08/07/05 at 16:48
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> The politicians are calling it an atrocity, uncivilized and cowardly -
> which it was.
> But what irritates me is the "shock and awe" bombing of
> Iraq was also an atrocity, uncivilized and cowardly - yet one lot are
> "evil terrorists" and the other lot are... what? knights in
> shining armor.

Yeah.
You'd think that if we were the more civillised country that we'd know better. Most terrorist attacks are direct revenge for killing someone's family in some bombing raid...

Wasn't America's destruction of some city buildings in Israel Osama's inspiration for 9/11?
Fri 08/07/05 at 14:39
Regular
Rai wrote:
> I'm just going to ignore this thread from now on.
>
> Jerks.

Tom Cruise?
Fri 08/07/05 at 13:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oswaldo, isn't it more the point that most people couldn't do a thing about it anyway? It's nothing to do with our expectations, they'd do it anyway, and have done.

I wonder what will happen after this.... I dread to think. From both 'sides'.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.