GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LONDON EXPLODED!!!1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/05 at 10:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
EDIT: Just pointing out that this post was made long before it was confirmed as intentional explosions.

Well, it has according to Sky News, the news vulture network. Huge red banners and claxons fill your eyes and ears whenever you skip past that channel. From a more reliable source (BBC News), I see there have been power surges and small explosions, which naturally have affected services.

This quote made me chortle:

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke."

Obviously an out-of-towner.

Enjoy your day off work millions of Londoners!
Page:
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:31
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> OddToe wrote:
> I just can't wait to see the drama The Sun makes out of this.
>
> What about the Daily Mail? "Attemped Assignation of PM by Dirty
> Arab Immigrant Single Mother?".

Heh, The Sun will miraculously have a camera man who was on the underground train and managed to escape, plus they will print MAPS of london in there report showing all the points where bombs went off and where they could go off.

In a week The Sun will sneak a 'bomb' onto a double decker bus and print a story that goes across two of there crap filled pages.
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:30
Regular
"You've upset me"
Goatboy wrote:
> What dismays me is that there will now be a massive swing in support
> for ID cards with the expected kneejerk reaction to something like
> this.
> But I can't see, despite today, how having ID cards would prevent
> something like this.
> It's the same with the increased security at airports, if you're that
> determined then you *will* find a way.

Exactly the point I was less eloquently attempting to make.
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:30
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Crikey! Just seen the picture of the remains of the double decker! (Sky news- slightly ahead of bbc at the mo!)
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:27
Regular
"You've upset me"
OddToe wrote:
> I just can't wait to see the drama The Sun makes out of this.

What about the Daily Mail? "Attemped Assignation of PM by Dirty Arab Immigrant Single Mother?".
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
monkey_man wrote:
> Could have been the other day with the concerts.
---------

This is what I'm thinking about.
The casualties are terrible, without question and I feel bad for their families, but if it was a bit earlier then it'd be so much worse.
Timed for just as rush-hour is finishing and the stations hit, unless I'm much mistaken, seem to be the ones connecting to other lines?

What dismays me is that there will now be a massive swing in support for ID cards with the expected kneejerk reaction to something like this.
But I can't see, despite today, how having ID cards would prevent something like this.
It's the same with the increased security at airports, if you're that determined then you *will* find a way.

Whoever it is deserves shooting, you do NOT injure people to achieve idealogical goals.
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:25
Regular
"You've upset me"
RoJ wrote:
> @ Rasta
>
> Looks a bit like a makeshit facemask for someone with facial burns?

Ah. I was thrown by the smiley face painted on it...
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:22
Regular
They have crippled the transport system - so theres a chance that they may try and disrupt things further.

Sky News were interviewing an American Tourist a while ago, and she was saying how she was impressed with the kindness of strangers who seemed to know what to do.

I just can't wait to see the drama The Sun makes out of this.
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> This is appalling for the people involved, but it could have been so
> much worse. Personally it looks like disruption was the aim as
> opposed to massive casualties, but then what the hell do I know?

Could have been the other day with the concerts.
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
Glad your sister's OK, Goaty.
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
Agreed, disruption seems much more likely. If it wasn't, whoever did it cocked it up a bit as you'd expect a much higher death toll from 6 rush hour blasts.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.