GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"School uniform"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 17:36
Regular
Have you ever heard of anything so daft. At my sons school they have recently introduced a new rule, where by the pupils have to keep there top button done up and there shirts tucked in and have to wear ties up to there necks through the summer months, are they insane. They have all been given these pieces of card with spaces for teachers to sign the card if there uniform is not up to scratch and when they get 4 signitures they get an after school detention. They also can spot check and have a look at the card at any time, plus if the kids forget to take the card or lose it they will end up in a lunch time detention, because there is no proof that they have any signitures on it or not. The school says this new rule is to show pupils how to dress for when they have to go to work. As i work for a big company you do not have to wear ties during the summer months and at no time at all do we have to have our top buttons done up. It has caused big arguments with the school since the rule has been introduced and the school says they are not going to change the rule. What do you guys think?
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh, nope, I'm just a massive a-hole with too much time on my hands.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:50
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm assuming this is a slightly posh school? It's just a way of keeping up their standards - may seem a bit extreme to you but ... kids nowadays ... you know.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:48
Regular
lineout wrote:
> If you read again you'll find shirt NOT skirt was mentioned

thank you lineout thought i made a mistake there. maybe thats what they were hoping it said.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Clever. It's like solving something with time-travel.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:46
Regular
"seenitdunit"
If you read again you'll find shirt NOT skirt was mentioned
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:46
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Why would you send your son to school in a skirt?

May i ask, where it says skirt?
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:45
Regular
"Twenty quid."
schummmi wrote:
> ... where by the pupils have to keep there top button done up and there shirts tucked in and
> have to wear ties through the summer months

That was the rule at my school many years ago. I survived.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:39
Regular
"~DPG~"
monkey_man wrote:
> Why would you send your son to school in a skirt?

And high heels lol
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Why would you send your son to school in a skirt?
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:36
Regular
Have you ever heard of anything so daft. At my sons school they have recently introduced a new rule, where by the pupils have to keep there top button done up and there shirts tucked in and have to wear ties up to there necks through the summer months, are they insane. They have all been given these pieces of card with spaces for teachers to sign the card if there uniform is not up to scratch and when they get 4 signitures they get an after school detention. They also can spot check and have a look at the card at any time, plus if the kids forget to take the card or lose it they will end up in a lunch time detention, because there is no proof that they have any signitures on it or not. The school says this new rule is to show pupils how to dress for when they have to go to work. As i work for a big company you do not have to wear ties during the summer months and at no time at all do we have to have our top buttons done up. It has caused big arguments with the school since the rule has been introduced and the school says they are not going to change the rule. What do you guys think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.