GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"School uniform"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 17:36
Regular
Have you ever heard of anything so daft. At my sons school they have recently introduced a new rule, where by the pupils have to keep there top button done up and there shirts tucked in and have to wear ties up to there necks through the summer months, are they insane. They have all been given these pieces of card with spaces for teachers to sign the card if there uniform is not up to scratch and when they get 4 signitures they get an after school detention. They also can spot check and have a look at the card at any time, plus if the kids forget to take the card or lose it they will end up in a lunch time detention, because there is no proof that they have any signitures on it or not. The school says this new rule is to show pupils how to dress for when they have to go to work. As i work for a big company you do not have to wear ties during the summer months and at no time at all do we have to have our top buttons done up. It has caused big arguments with the school since the rule has been introduced and the school says they are not going to change the rule. What do you guys think?
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:11
Regular
"Catch it!"
We have a stupid uniform card at my school,and i've we are found chewing,chewing gum we get a after school. If we get five signatures on the card we get a after school. I have two marks on it one for forgetting my book, and one for forgetting my P.E kit. Its so stupid I hate my school.
Sat 02/07/05 at 11:53
Regular
The teachers at my school are really fussy about shirts and ties, but im only at that school for another 3 weeks and the new school im going to has a unifom that you HAVE to have your shirt untucked.
Sat 02/07/05 at 11:49
Regular
"-_-"
well theyre introducing a new one next year for us top button done up shirt tucked in etc, but it wont work they do it evey year and after a moth they get bored and stop being so strict.
A new big rule which made me cry was skirts have to be 3 inch above the knee, whereas before some of the girls had them 5 inch below the waist :S My idea was to make all the boys come in skirts until they change the uniform back, of course the boys always wear their skirts according to the rules.
Sat 02/07/05 at 10:20
Regular
I work for a large company and don't have a uniform. Infact the only rule is men can't wear shorts.
Sat 02/07/05 at 09:28
Regular
thanks for all your responce. All comments have been read and noted.
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:23
Regular
"0228"
I just wouldn't expect everybody to react like that, I find that usually the parents back up the teachers, but that's just at the schools I've been to I suppose.
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:18
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Are all of the parents like you?
pretty much why do you ask?
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:06
Regular
"0228"
Are all of the parents like you?
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:03
Regular
©H®I§ wrote:
> I have to wear shirt and tie for the first two terms and as long as we
> have our ties upo they don't care if the top button isn't done up.
> Then in the summer we wear polo shirts which I think we should just
> wear all year round.
>
> I say every at your sons school rebel and every one undo their top
> buttons and wear their ties right slack and 'cause there is so many
> doing it they won't be assed sorting it out.

tHe head master has excluded quite a few people for rebbeling against new rules. so i dont think that would work. they have done sit down protests and that hasn't worked. they are planning more this week.
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:59
Regular
"Better Than You"
I have to wear shirt and tie for the first two terms and as long as we have our ties upo they don't care if the top button isn't done up. Then in the summer we wear polo shirts which I think we should just wear all year round.

I say every at your sons school rebel and every one undo their top buttons and wear their ties right slack and 'cause there is so many doing it they won't be assed sorting it out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.