GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"School uniform"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 17:36
Regular
Have you ever heard of anything so daft. At my sons school they have recently introduced a new rule, where by the pupils have to keep there top button done up and there shirts tucked in and have to wear ties up to there necks through the summer months, are they insane. They have all been given these pieces of card with spaces for teachers to sign the card if there uniform is not up to scratch and when they get 4 signitures they get an after school detention. They also can spot check and have a look at the card at any time, plus if the kids forget to take the card or lose it they will end up in a lunch time detention, because there is no proof that they have any signitures on it or not. The school says this new rule is to show pupils how to dress for when they have to go to work. As i work for a big company you do not have to wear ties during the summer months and at no time at all do we have to have our top buttons done up. It has caused big arguments with the school since the rule has been introduced and the school says they are not going to change the rule. What do you guys think?
Mon 04/07/05 at 00:54
Regular
When they say 'showing the pupils how they'll have to dress when they go to work', they mean how to look like the vulnerable newbie in order to keep the chain of command in order.

Sprog.
Sun 03/07/05 at 15:12
Regular
"-_-"
meh our 6th form rules are so sexist. Boys must wear trousers shirt and tie
Girls can wear anything "casual" basically.
Sun 03/07/05 at 13:51
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Ahahahaha, im in sixth form and therefore have no uniform what so ever!!! Infact the other week i went to a fancy-dress 21st birthday party (dont ask) as Ozzy, which involved black jeans, black shirt, long black leather coat and black steel-toe boots, which is exactly what i wore to school that day!! The only additions were a pair of incredibly cool blue sunglasses and a Jack Daniels bottle. Oh plus i must admit to straightening my hair for it, which i usually just cant be arsed to do for school.

Oh wait, we do have ONE rule. No FCUK tops, how gay is that???
Sat 02/07/05 at 21:09
And, I think a fair number of schools get your parents to sign somethign saying you won't break school rules.
Sat 02/07/05 at 19:08
Regular
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> By the way you wrote this letter/topic it seems a private school,
> There is no public schools that ever made that rule -School Card-.
> lol

You've been to all the schools in the UK have you?

Each school has its own policies for maintaining discipline.
Sat 02/07/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
By the way you wrote this letter/topic it seems a private school, There is no public schools that ever made that rule -School Card-.
lol
Sat 02/07/05 at 17:16
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Edgy, are you saying that you never forgot one of your books for a
> lesson?

I never got into trouble for it :P
Sat 02/07/05 at 14:31
Regular
"-_-"
I always "forget" my books, but ive never actually forgotten one of them.
Sat 02/07/05 at 14:24
Regular
"0228"
Edgy, are you saying that you never forgot one of your books for a lesson?
Sat 02/07/05 at 14:16
Regular
With all due respect, you're stupid for forgetting those things :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.