GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So...Conker then"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conker's Bad Fur Day'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 09:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Waiting for my copy to drop through the letterbox now. Been looking forward to this for a while now, don't let me down, Rare.

So who else is getting it?
Sun 26/06/05 at 15:59
Regular
"8==="
I always thought having sneakers being able to go over was part of the game since they don't have any guns and can jump the highest. It works both ways once the other team gets into the channel their sneakers can jump over the wire there and get to the enemy up top.

Usually in games there are 1 or 2 sneakers that come down and they can be a pain but once dead it takes them along time to run back and a quick rocket/grenade to the feet usually deals with them. Failing that I just shoot them point blank with the rocket and they soon get the message. :)
Sun 26/06/05 at 12:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Went online last night to try things out properly. I'll admit I really enjoyed myself, although there are serious problems with spawn camping sneekers.

Once again a cool beach landing level gets ruined by sneeker players who have found out how to jump the first wall and spawn camp the players coming out of the landing craft. I didn't see anyone moaning at people being Demolishers and to be honest their essential once you have enemies in vehicles. But hatred of sneekers seemed to be pretty widespread.

I tend to switch between the Sniper and Demolisher most of the time. Those sneekers are bloody annoying to hit with their speed. And rather than taking any real skill, its a case of going all rainman with the buttons until you cut the guys head off. I tried out the sneeker a couple of times (just to have a fighting chance of getting out the spawn point), but I couldn't help feeling dirty doing it. There was just no fun in being the character - just a cheaters wet dream to get cheap kills.

Didn't have so much trouble with the mess of green and red names last night - mainly because players tend to act differently and alot of them on both sides split up and took positons rather than swamp down the main generic route.

Plus I played more of the levels last night which was fun. Thanks to spawn camping though, I've got like 91 deaths compared to my 75 kills. At least it doesn't affect your promotion though. Got myself a medal too which I was happy about. ;-)
So yeah, as long as hosts delete the sneeker from games to at least limit the spawn killing, this is a decent Live title. Just soddin annoying that you'll ALWAYS have the ******* that find the glitches to jump barriers they shouldn't be able to.
Sat 25/06/05 at 21:05
Regular
"8==="
Also it's worth noting that at the moment there's only very rough tactics being used. Teams have yet to be formed, I can forsee some nasty sniper crossfire tactics cropping up in the next few days among others.
Sat 25/06/05 at 20:59
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I'm enjoying it a lot, having read another review's comparisins with Battlefront I think it could be described as taking the better parts of Battlefront and RTCW and using them to make a kickass blaster of the multiplayer.

So far I've really been content to blast away with the pick up and play side of the characters (staying mainly on the beach level) but there are warps and mines that can play a big part on the other maps and I have to get used to piloting vehicles offline before I use them online.

It's great because you can be tactical and stealthy, fully planning your moves (such as upgrading before taking a one-man army approach to an objective) if you want but on the otherhand it's quite acceptable to simply jump in and kill as many of the ******* before they get you aswell.
Sat 25/06/05 at 20:20
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I really honestly cannot understand why so many people dislike the Live play. I think its absolutely amazing! Initially, it was a little intimidating and mildly generic, however once you get a few mates and you ride off in an aeroplane - its amazing. And then eject your seat and parachute away...

SO good. Thanks Rare, I still love ya. \o/
Sat 25/06/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I really honestly cannot understand why so many people dislike the Live play. I think its absolutely amazing! Initially, it was a little intimidating and mildly generic, however once you get a few mates and you ride off in an aeroplane - its amazing. And then eject your seat and parachute away...

SO good. Thanks Rare, I still love ya. \o/
Sat 25/06/05 at 18:42
Regular
"8==="
I did completely pwn you in that deathmatch. :)
Sat 25/06/05 at 17:44
Regular
The Live play is the biggest bunch of balls I have ever seen.
Sat 25/06/05 at 17:40
Regular
"8==="
Savatt78 wrote:
> Didn't go online, but I played against
> bots

There's your problem, there's no-one to ask for help offline. I tried that mission offline and I got mullered. Took it online and saw how it should be done and got tips etc.

Today I found out that Deathmatch (which I'd been avoiding) is infact Team Deathmatch and I had a good blast on that. The team approach is much better than the 'all against all' fight I thought it was going to be. :)
Sat 25/06/05 at 14:44
Regular
Pes4, negro?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.