GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So...Conker then"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conker's Bad Fur Day'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 09:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Waiting for my copy to drop through the letterbox now. Been looking forward to this for a while now, don't let me down, Rare.

So who else is getting it?
Sat 25/06/05 at 14:39
Regular
Yeh, Goldeneye would be nice.
Sat 25/06/05 at 14:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
One thing IGN got right though was that theres little point in being anything but a Demolisher. Didn't go online, but I played against bots so I could learn my way around a bit instead of just having nerdy Yanks beating on me and giving their usual "I was bullied at school and only feel confident with my headset" trash talk.

Tried various troops out, but once I picked the Demolitions guy, the kills started racking up. Also, played that first Chapter X mission and I just can't do it, cause overall, I just don't get how you progress. The manual tells balls all, so I was left trying to experiment with ideas. I tried shooting at the barricades and throwing grenades, etc, but nothing seemed to do much. Then suddenly the bots on my side managed to do what had to be done. Best I've done so far is got to the weasel bloke at the end, but he always manages to live till the time runs out - even though I've unloaded like 20 rockets at him.

Plus I find it hard to distinguish the good guys from the bad. Then of course eveything disappears in a sea of red and green names and I just generally aim where it is mostly red names. Weapons are a pain in the backside too. I'll generally be shooting my machine gun which I've set to full auto, then suddenly the area all around me bursts into a combo of electricity, flames and green gas. Thats generally how I die everytime. One minute I'm walking along quite happy, the next it seems every weapon in the world has just exploded on my location.

And what the hell is the spray for ?? I used it last night wondering if I had to tag certain areas to take them over and all it did was spray my insignia on the wall. Wow.

Beat the Bad Fur Day story yesterday. But so far I'm not all that impressed with the multiplayer. Would prefer an online version of the old multiplayer games.
Fri 24/06/05 at 17:14
Regular
"8==="
This is quality.

They've nicked most of the modes off Woldenstein 3D and improved on them all + vehicles, better class types etc and you can block any class types you don't like playing with (Demolishers and Sneakers are frowned on in some games).

IGN got the sniping issue wrong too: a single head shot will kill.
Fri 24/06/05 at 12:33
Regular
i only received it yesterday and im bored of it already thats why i think its the naffest game ive had yet
Fri 24/06/05 at 11:45
Regular
Plus if you know suppliers you can have them up to a month earlier...

Not that I would know of course :D
Fri 24/06/05 at 11:21
Regular
A lot of mail order companies send out games early, it's really not difficult to get them before release date.
Fri 24/06/05 at 11:07
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
GLASS MONK wrote:
> how dare u insult me im english through and through

explain how you got Conker EARLIER than the rest of us!
Thu 23/06/05 at 21:28
Regular
yes i am
Thu 23/06/05 at 21:26
Regular
You're also a retarded monkey through and through.
Thu 23/06/05 at 21:26
Regular
how dare u insult me im english through and through

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.