GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So...Conker then"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conker's Bad Fur Day'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 09:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Waiting for my copy to drop through the letterbox now. Been looking forward to this for a while now, don't let me down, Rare.

So who else is getting it?
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Got 34 kills with those gun turrets last night. :-) Love putting those things down and listening to the carnage as the enemy try to get past it. Always a good laugh too to be doing nothing but standing there while loads of points and kills just rack up on your score. ;-)
Wed 29/06/05 at 11:15
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> One thing I am curious about, a game released in 2005 references
> films like Private Ryan, The Matrix & Terminator. Why such old
> films, why nothing more recent?

Mainly because it's a remake of a game released 4 years ago. They did change Conker to make him look like Van Helsing in the vampire levels though.
Wed 29/06/05 at 09:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mate lent me the demo - the Private Ryan level.
It's ok but nothing special to me. Seems like typical Nintendo game of cartoony visuals welded to a staggeringly average gameplay. Might just be that level or because it's a demo though
*shrugs*
Getting up the beach was amusing, but then turned into a simple shoot/walk/shoot as the tediz appeared from entirely predictable spots (ceiling vent or behind box or around corner) and you mowed them down before eating conveniently placed chocolate squares.
Not something that appeals personally, possibly a rental.

One thing I am curious about, a game released in 2005 references films like Private Ryan, The Matrix & Terminator. Why such old films, why nothing more recent?
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:46
Regular
"8==="
Nope, I was going to say I saw his face at a spawn on the ice level, then I realised later that it's one of the tags that people can spray on the walls. :)
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Nah, no Greg I'm affraid. Shame really. :-)
Tue 28/06/05 at 15:28
Regular
Can you actually play as Greg, or is it always Teddies VS Squirrels?
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I usually do the suicide thing on them. ;-)
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:08
Regular
"8==="
Not really.

I'd wait for it to get cheaper.

The bots are a pain and the single player is quite short.

Most of the effort has gone into the multiplayer.

If you've played the N64 version and don't have Live I wouldn't recommned it.
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:03
Regular
So is this any good if you don't have Live?
Tue 28/06/05 at 13:44
Regular
"8==="
There's a timing to it but I won't explain it here because I don't want to create any more sneakers. :)

A swift rocket to the feet usually does it, or if you have to take your self out and them they just get a pointless death whilst you come back with a +5 CP profit from a suicide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.