GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War Of The Worlds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/06/05 at 13:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So anyone seeing this when it comes out ? :-) I'm looking forward to it big time ! I was saying ages ago how there should be a remake of this film, and just a couple of days later, I'm looking around film sites and there was news of this one being made !

And just to add to it, the release of the film pretty much lands on my birthday ! The old film is one of my favourites so its cool to have the new one arrive for my birthday. ;-)

I've been watching trailers for it since around Christmas time, but I've managed to avoid seeing this one thats supposedly doing the rounds online that shows the Martian war machines. Don't want to see them in all their glory till I see the film. :-)

Gonna be going on Thursday 30th June seeing as they start showing the film in Basildon a day early. ;-)
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
What a rockin' barby - beer AND War of the Worlds...
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm off to see it tonight, Dad's playing the CD at the moment to 'get in the mood.'

I think he's had too much beer with the BBQ.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Unless the words move about and look like F-15s and M1 Abrahms Battletanks (or whatever!), I doubt it will compare.

Enjoy it for what it is, not what it obviously isn't!
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Looks like I'll have to. Cause the latest film doesn't seem to compare.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Go and read the book then. Simple.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its not the realistic theory I'm really interested in, its the fact that Spielberg changed a key part of the War of the Worlds story which was the Martians coming down in cylinders with something I personally consider pretty lame.

Like I said, a good film in its own right, but as a fan of the story, I was left disappointed - especially after eagerly waiting for it. My opinion and I'm entitled to it.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They have different timescales and everything on other planets, I know, I've been there! 1 million years is like a week to them! Damn foreigners!
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Maybe they constructed them underground. The pods that came down through the lightning could have contained the aliens as well as materials and tools for building the tripods.

Ridiculous as it may sound, it's no more ridiculous than any of the other theories that are circling around.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
RoJ wrote:
> But why would they bother travelling hundreds of feet underground to
> expand, when it would be quicker and easier to do it above ground?

Jesus. Agin. You're reading too much into it. Perhaps the world was seeded. Perhaps they teleported in underground because they were vunerable before the pilots were dropped.

ITS A B MOVIE. christ :D
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:02
Regular
"Not a Jew"
But why would they bother travelling hundreds of feet underground to expand, when it would be quicker and easier to do it above ground?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.