GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War Of The Worlds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/06/05 at 13:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So anyone seeing this when it comes out ? :-) I'm looking forward to it big time ! I was saying ages ago how there should be a remake of this film, and just a couple of days later, I'm looking around film sites and there was news of this one being made !

And just to add to it, the release of the film pretty much lands on my birthday ! The old film is one of my favourites so its cool to have the new one arrive for my birthday. ;-)

I've been watching trailers for it since around Christmas time, but I've managed to avoid seeing this one thats supposedly doing the rounds online that shows the Martian war machines. Don't want to see them in all their glory till I see the film. :-)

Gonna be going on Thursday 30th June seeing as they start showing the film in Basildon a day early. ;-)
Mon 11/07/05 at 08:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Looked at the Pentdragon trailer. Get working Jeff ! Its gonna be a
> long 2 years !

Yeah, unfortunately it's going to be a muscial version with all the cheesy 80's rock. I cringe at the thought...
Mon 11/07/05 at 02:02
Regular
"Captain to you."
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Trumpet of Certain Doom! OOOOWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I want my phone to do that.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Cylinders? Wow, they sound exciting. And round. But exciting. Frankly I prefer aliens travelling in bolts of lightning and massive tripods handing Earth its ass on a plate.

Any annoying questions about this movie can be answered with the following line: because they're aliens.

Saw it again today, still love it. Liking the camera shot around the jeep on the freeway, the huge war machine tipping the ferry and the Trumpet of Certain Doom! OOOOWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Why do people get so hung up on things changing fmor the original versions? That's when remakes suck, when they don't bother trying to take a new angle. I never noticed it much the first time, but after reading a quote from Spielberg in an interview, he points out that there are no cutaways to scientists in a lab trying to find out a way to take them down, or the president in the White House frowning and ordering airstrikes etc. It's all done from one man's point of view and it makes it every bit better.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Looked at the Pentdragon trailer. Get working Jeff ! Its gonna be a long 2 years !

Don't get me wrong, I like the new film - its just that certain things have disappointed me with it. Its not like I won't end up getting the DVD. Maybe Stevie can do an alternate version with a cylinder landing for the DVD........ Well, after I hold his family hostage at Universal Florida anyway...

::goes all rainman::
Sun 10/07/05 at 21:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
/endofbothering

lol m8!
Sun 10/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"The definitive tag"
So what? It's no more stupid than some of the other rubbish that people have come up with. On reflection, yes it probably wasn't what finished 'em off, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that the cause of their death was somewhat cloudy.
Sun 10/07/05 at 21:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'They breathed something!'
'It must mean gases played some part in their demise!'
Sun 10/07/05 at 21:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Cycloon wrote:
> Chr1s wrote:
>
> I thought Morgan Freeman (I think he was the narrator anyway) said
> something along the lines of "as soon as the aliens breathed
> our
> air they were doomed." That's what led me to believe that gases
> might have played a part in their demise.
>
> HAHAHAHAHA, stop trying Chr1s, it makes me laugh too much.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.
Sun 10/07/05 at 21:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I actually might have to pity these people and see the film:
[URL]http://www.waroftheworldsmovienews.com/[/URL]
Sun 10/07/05 at 21:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Chr1s wrote:

> I thought Morgan Freeman (I think he was the narrator anyway) said
> something along the lines of "as soon as the aliens breathed our
> air they were doomed." That's what led me to believe that gases
> might have played a part in their demise.

HAHAHAHAHA, stop trying Chr1s, it makes me laugh too much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.