GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War Of The Worlds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/06/05 at 13:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So anyone seeing this when it comes out ? :-) I'm looking forward to it big time ! I was saying ages ago how there should be a remake of this film, and just a couple of days later, I'm looking around film sites and there was news of this one being made !

And just to add to it, the release of the film pretty much lands on my birthday ! The old film is one of my favourites so its cool to have the new one arrive for my birthday. ;-)

I've been watching trailers for it since around Christmas time, but I've managed to avoid seeing this one thats supposedly doing the rounds online that shows the Martian war machines. Don't want to see them in all their glory till I see the film. :-)

Gonna be going on Thursday 30th June seeing as they start showing the film in Basildon a day early. ;-)
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:29
Regular
"That's right!"
"Actually Mojo - Independence Day is a rip off of War of the Worlds."

Yes but there were no shields in the original book. Were they in the 50s film? I can't remember.

I still thinking taking out the shields would've made the film better, then they could've shown some battles with the tripods but still have us getting chinned due to their "bigger guns".
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, was a bit of a shock when she strolled in wearing a purple see-through nightgown and a thong.
Had to pretend to be totally disinterested as she sat on the sofa talking about stuff thinking "Don't stare at her baps don't stare at her baps" when I was, in fact, staring at her baps.

Hahaha, The Ex made the website
[URL]http://66.227.8.158/~boufftv/cof/site/html/im094.html[/URL]
Mon 11/07/05 at 20:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Emily Booth! I know her intimately from channel 5.
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fair play to them, amateurs that have taken 3yrs to make their version yet we're talking about it.
Sure, it'll hardly win Oscars but I'm chuffed to see their hard work reach the light of day.

**edit**
Doesn't mean it's not dire though. Sorry, had flashbacks to an actress ex-girlfriend and countless low/no budget films I ended up helping out on over 4 years. I remember giving her a lift to Nottingham and ending up having 3 roles in this guy's film.
Or spending 2 days in a flat in South London with Danni Filth in his dressing gown eating coco-pops, a coked up partially nude vampire chick and a living room that was doubling as a prop storage. It's hard to leaf through old FHMs whilst somebody is trying to move a box of heads out the way so he can have his cheese on toast

[URL]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291833/[/URL]
That's the one.
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> [URL]http://static.howstuffworks.com/quicktime/wowhires.mov[/URL]
>
> Blimey, the trailer for the "other" WoW film is...different

It looks gloriously bad. I'll be watching that one I think. The acting is some of the worst I've ever seen...
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://static.howstuffworks.com/quicktime/wowhires.mov[/URL]

Blimey, the trailer for the "other" WoW film is...different
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Edgy wrote:
> Ah - that's what else was missing.
>
> 'Ulla'

That's the honk they make. It's two notes if you listen carefully.
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:30
Regular
Ah - that's what else was missing.

'Ulla'
Mon 11/07/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Captain to you."
Similar, but his txt capabilities are limited plus everyone asks why i have Lenny Henry in my bag.
Mon 11/07/05 at 09:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Chippxero wrote:
> Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Trumpet of Certain Doom! OOOOWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
>
> I want my phone to do that.

Lenny Henry?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.