GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Get a life, for God's sake"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 18:52
Regular
***DO NOT READ IF HEAVILY RELIGIOUS AND THEREFORE OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING***

I'm sorry about moaning so much on such a lovely Sunday afternoon, and who knows, maybe the heat has got me in a state where I'm annoyed far too easily, but I thought this had to be said:

Religious people (aimed primarily at people who have extreme Christian beliefs) and idiots who campaign against any form of media that contains even slight amounts of mature content, please shut up. Why are you offended by absolutely everything? Why do you seek to get all computer games that aren't specially made (and therefore crap) Christian titles banned? Why do you see it necessary to force your opinions on to everyone else? Why do you write 5-page letters of complaint about games that you haven't even played?

Reading up on the internet on a Christian organisation's reviews of games, I was actually offended at some of the complete and total rubbish they wrote. Check out these quotes:

In a review of Gran Turismo 3: "..the soundtrack of rock music may concern..."
Right. So that's the soundtrack that contains no explicit or offensive lyrics at all, then?

In a review of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee: "I cannot recommend the game to anyone less than 17 years old."
Erm...why?
"...the game is filled with occultic overtones, shamans, chanting, resurrecting the dead..."
It's a bloody game!

The quotes were taken from: http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/games

Mary Whitehouse was another one who really annoyed me. I remember watching a clip of her on a programme during C4's 'banned season' where she accused people who enjoy watching violent or offensive films as "lacking in intelligence". I see that as being kind of ironic coming from a raging homophobe.

But then, I guess these kind of people are too stupid to realise that the more fuss they stir up, the better the game/film they are trying to ban will sell.

Nevertheless, I hate them all.
Fri 24/06/05 at 09:41
Regular
"8==="
Ditto.
Fri 24/06/05 at 08:09
Regular
Yeah, I think so.

It's been around 9 years since I played it though.
Fri 24/06/05 at 08:03
Regular
"8==="
My friend had that too.

Was the taxi equipped with rocket launchers/machine guns?
Fri 24/06/05 at 08:02
Regular
I remember playing a PC game not unlike Carmaggeddon. It involved you driving a taxi like a maniac, running people down etc.

The highlight was when you stopped to pick up an old granny and ejected her out of the sunroof. Hahaha.

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called, though.
Fri 24/06/05 at 07:05
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> Carmageddon 2 has zombies but the blood was changed to green so that
> it was less like running down people, but there was all the option to
> change it to red.

Pre release Carmageddon (1 and 2) characters WERE people and not zombies. It took unofficial patches to change it back (the only way to play). I still remember the joy of flying towards a zimmerframe grannie, who's shouting "I was in the war!" before smearing her against a building. Ahhh, happy days.
Fri 24/06/05 at 06:16
Regular
"8==="
I still wouldn't want to listen to christian rock and as much as I'm all for hearing different views if 100 of these folks came in and screwed up the forums (or just one banging on and on about game violence like a mini Forest Fan) then that wouldn't be a good thing.
Fri 24/06/05 at 03:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
I would kind of like to know what a Christian gaming group thought of a game like Painkiller, you play a man who died and is sent to purgatory, you are then sent on a mission to stop Lucifer invading from hell by god. It's an extremely violent game e.g. pinning zombie to walls with 3 foot stakes through the head. I guess because of the type of creature you are shooting it changes the way the game is seen.

Carmageddon 2 has zombies but the blood was changed to green so that it was less like running down people, but there was all the option to change it to red.

I agree with goaty about the way the original post was written was wrong.'

I'd like to hear other peoples views on games when they have a very different life style to me, just a shame that we don't get them posting on here and sharing their views.
Fri 24/06/05 at 02:53
Regular
"8==="
Christians play violent games (thet they obvious want to) so they can 'warn' others? Hmmmm.

Sounds like an excuse to play them even though they 'really shouldn't'.

Hypocritical to the last as usual then.
Thu 23/06/05 at 19:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> Well that shut me up.
>
> :-D

And long may it continue.
Thu 23/06/05 at 15:30
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Halo 2:

"However, there is no sex/nudity/suggestive content, unlike Vice City."

Geeks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.