GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Get a life, for God's sake"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 18:52
Regular
***DO NOT READ IF HEAVILY RELIGIOUS AND THEREFORE OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING***

I'm sorry about moaning so much on such a lovely Sunday afternoon, and who knows, maybe the heat has got me in a state where I'm annoyed far too easily, but I thought this had to be said:

Religious people (aimed primarily at people who have extreme Christian beliefs) and idiots who campaign against any form of media that contains even slight amounts of mature content, please shut up. Why are you offended by absolutely everything? Why do you seek to get all computer games that aren't specially made (and therefore crap) Christian titles banned? Why do you see it necessary to force your opinions on to everyone else? Why do you write 5-page letters of complaint about games that you haven't even played?

Reading up on the internet on a Christian organisation's reviews of games, I was actually offended at some of the complete and total rubbish they wrote. Check out these quotes:

In a review of Gran Turismo 3: "..the soundtrack of rock music may concern..."
Right. So that's the soundtrack that contains no explicit or offensive lyrics at all, then?

In a review of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee: "I cannot recommend the game to anyone less than 17 years old."
Erm...why?
"...the game is filled with occultic overtones, shamans, chanting, resurrecting the dead..."
It's a bloody game!

The quotes were taken from: http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/games

Mary Whitehouse was another one who really annoyed me. I remember watching a clip of her on a programme during C4's 'banned season' where she accused people who enjoy watching violent or offensive films as "lacking in intelligence". I see that as being kind of ironic coming from a raging homophobe.

But then, I guess these kind of people are too stupid to realise that the more fuss they stir up, the better the game/film they are trying to ban will sell.

Nevertheless, I hate them all.
Sun 19/06/05 at 18:52
Regular
***DO NOT READ IF HEAVILY RELIGIOUS AND THEREFORE OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING***

I'm sorry about moaning so much on such a lovely Sunday afternoon, and who knows, maybe the heat has got me in a state where I'm annoyed far too easily, but I thought this had to be said:

Religious people (aimed primarily at people who have extreme Christian beliefs) and idiots who campaign against any form of media that contains even slight amounts of mature content, please shut up. Why are you offended by absolutely everything? Why do you seek to get all computer games that aren't specially made (and therefore crap) Christian titles banned? Why do you see it necessary to force your opinions on to everyone else? Why do you write 5-page letters of complaint about games that you haven't even played?

Reading up on the internet on a Christian organisation's reviews of games, I was actually offended at some of the complete and total rubbish they wrote. Check out these quotes:

In a review of Gran Turismo 3: "..the soundtrack of rock music may concern..."
Right. So that's the soundtrack that contains no explicit or offensive lyrics at all, then?

In a review of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee: "I cannot recommend the game to anyone less than 17 years old."
Erm...why?
"...the game is filled with occultic overtones, shamans, chanting, resurrecting the dead..."
It's a bloody game!

The quotes were taken from: http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/games

Mary Whitehouse was another one who really annoyed me. I remember watching a clip of her on a programme during C4's 'banned season' where she accused people who enjoy watching violent or offensive films as "lacking in intelligence". I see that as being kind of ironic coming from a raging homophobe.

But then, I guess these kind of people are too stupid to realise that the more fuss they stir up, the better the game/film they are trying to ban will sell.

Nevertheless, I hate them all.
Sun 19/06/05 at 18:54
Regular
I'm a christian but not a serious one. I totally agree with you.
Sun 19/06/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Gotta Splat 'em all"
they shuld burn
Sun 19/06/05 at 18:59
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
You've basically just written down stuff that people have said for many moons, and is horrifically boring.
Cheers for that.
Sun 19/06/05 at 19:02
Regular
Padraic wrote:
> You've basically just written down stuff that people have said for
> many moons, and is horrifically boring.
> Cheers for that.

No problem, glad to brighten your day.
Sun 19/06/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think you can either get angry with them or laugh at their stupidity, i choose the latter, knowing that in this country at least they'll never been anything more than a vocal minority.
Sun 19/06/05 at 19:10
Regular
Pumpkamillia wrote:
> they shuld burn

Christians?
Sun 19/06/05 at 19:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
I want to play a game where I'm a muslim extremist and I can bomb the embassy.

It should contain nudity.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:05
"period drama"
"In terms of content, Halo 2 defiantly has its share of violence and blood. This is not a game for homophobic."

Er ... right.
Of course.

Dig out that letter to Mary Whitehouse if you want a similar laugh or two.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:10
Regular
"SOUP!"
mm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.