GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The US Grand Prix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 18:45
Regular
"es argh"
Oh dear.
Mon 20/06/05 at 11:26
Regular
You can see it now.

F1 = "Ferrari One"
Mon 20/06/05 at 11:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Why not, before this season that's what it had been with guest appearances from BAR every now and then :-D
Mon 20/06/05 at 11:50
Regular
Yeah, I was actually quite enjoying this season

Kimi Raikkonen is a brilliant driver
Mon 20/06/05 at 12:20
Regular
Marzman wrote:
> Are you for real? If you had beenpaying attention to the season, you
> would have seen what had been happening (alonso leading with kimi
> catching fast)

Not sure about the catching fast thing, despite him winning the last race. Since there are a fairly large number of races this season when compared to the last decade, losing one race changes nothing for them. In the next race, they can just start where they left off, nothing lost. That in itself can be entertaining, all I said (and to use your words) if you had beenpaying attention, was that the US Grand Prix, as an event, was quite interesting to watch. Not for the racing, but for the controversy.

> and you would also understand that the ferrari 1-2
> means 3 and 4th in the championship. Michael had next to no chances
> of winning his title back but now he's a few points behind raikonen
> (correct spelling?) [no].

Then that sounds like a good thing... the more drivers there are in the hunt for the championship, the better the spectacle and tension. When Schumacher was dominating, people complained that it wasn't interesting. Now that there are at least 3 drivers in contention, you're saying that's bad too?

On top of that, if you read down the topic, look for a post by Ant. He pointed out that (as Martin Brundle said) Schumacher had to stop a race after tyre problems earlier in the race. The Michelin group had no sympathy, so why should Ferrari not make use of the points now?

As for Ferrari voting against the chicane, that's untrue. They just didn't agree *not* to race if a chicane wasn't put in. Whilst this does put partial blame on them, its minor when you consider that they would no doubt have still raced had the FIA put the chicane in anyway (this point also made earlier in the topic, I think by Ant).

Isn't the fact that we're still talking about it now an indication that this was an important and interesting tv moment?
Mon 20/06/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Can anyone tell me what penalty the teams would have incurred if they had changed tyres to the batch that had been flown out of France (or were going to be flown out)?
Mon 20/06/05 at 13:35
Regular
I think that it's obvious that Michelin messed big style.

However, as F1 has been trying (relatively unsuccesfully) to crack America for years, the FIA were stupid to let the "race" go ahead as it did.

Christ, it would have been better to let the Michelin runners change tyres but start them off with a 5 lap deficit or something. At least that way there would have been action on track, and the sport wouldn't have let down all the sponsors and fans.

As it is it's a complete farce.

On a side note, ITV have the finishers up, and have Trulli finishing 7th, and DC last. However, surely Trulli retired first, as he was leading the parade lap?

This could mean an interesting order for qualifying in France, with an interesting grid....
Mon 20/06/05 at 13:39
Regular
Afternoon, Your Honour! Howdy again. Absolutely right on the grid order for next race - it could be interesting! I wondered about the order they finished as well, thinking that they might be in reverse order next time, but my guess is that when two cars retire on the same lap, the "winner" is deemed to be the one that got their first, so Trulli would be 7th.

Either way, qualifying next time could lead to unexpected results, but Alonso and Raikkonen are still far enough up the order to stand an excellent chance of pole.
Mon 20/06/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what penalty the teams would have incurred if they
> had changed tyres to the batch that had been flown out of France (or
> were going to be flown out)?

From what I understand the regulations to be, the change of tyres would have breached 6 regulations so the penalties would probably be severe.
Mon 20/06/05 at 14:11
Regular
Heloo mate! How goes it?

Thought I'd seen you around a few weeks back. Said hello, but then couldn't remember which thread it wa so had no idea if you'd replied :-)

I see what you mean about the retiring, but surely Trulli retired first? Ah well, I'm sure it will all become clear as mud over the next couple of weeks.

If ever there was an event that would make F1 switch back to single tire manufactureres again, this is it...
Mon 20/06/05 at 14:12
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> From what I understand the regulations to be, the change of tyres
> would have breached 6 regulations so the penalties would probably be
> severe.

And that's assuming that each team would have enough tires. If they had to be changed every 10 laps, then they would have needed 8 sets of tires. Which I very much doubt they would have had.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.