GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The US Grand Prix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 18:45
Regular
"es argh"
Oh dear.
Sun 19/06/05 at 22:25
Regular
Utterly disgraceful, I was actually shaking my head in dis-belief as the 6 cars started

A bad day for Formula One.

And Schumacher hardly deserved to 'win', those 10 points were cheap and dirty, as well as him wrongfully forcing poor old Barrichello on to the grass.

I doubt we'll be seeing F1 in the USA again.
Sun 19/06/05 at 22:32
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> I just listened to the
> Minardi boss and he made a lot of sense.

Hahahaha, yeah, Paul Stobbart is a great man and a great character
Sun 19/06/05 at 22:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
gamesfreak wrote:
> And Schumacher hardly deserved to 'win', those 10 points were cheap
> and dirty, as well as him wrongfully forcing poor old Barrichello on
> to the grass.

Oh cmon, what's he, and Ferrari as a team supposed to do?

Didn't James Allen and Brundle bring up a recent time when Schumacher was forced to withdraw from a grand prix in Barcelona due to circumstances outside of his and Ferrari's control? I can't remember exactly what they said, but they were basically using it as an example of how the other teams refused to help and just said stuff it, it's your problem. So because every other team decided to go with the untried "performance" tyre Michelin, whilst Ferrari stuck with the obviously consistent Bridgestone, Ferrari should pull out when their choice of tyre, which indeed HAS probably hindered them in terms of performance this year, actually outperforms the Michelins to such an extent that the latter can't even complete 15 laps of the circuit...well, if Ferrari were to do that it would be rather stupid in my view.

At least they provided some entertainment, and went out there and raced for the thousands of fans who stayed.
Sun 19/06/05 at 23:01
"Was the man of marz"
The only plus that canbe taken is when David got on the radio and saidhe wanted to race. If some one with that attitude would have gone in there and said what was going to happen then we could have had arace. Ie: Jordon didn't want the chicane. Who cares, let them sulk in the fact they won't get championship points which equal more $$$. My personal opinion is that it would have been better to have no race, rather than six cars avoiding beer cans.
Mon 20/06/05 at 02:45
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm not the most avid of F1 fans, but even I didn't want to see this happen.

I feel sorry for all of the drivers, the teams, the fans...

But t'is true that the FIA have to take 99% of the blame.
Mon 20/06/05 at 08:22
Regular
Firstly, I feel very sorry for the people who actually went to see the race - wasting the money spent on tickets, travel, accomodation and various other things would have been upsetting, however...

For those watching on tv, which is most of us (by a huge margin), do you not think that the US Grand Prix was actually quite entertaining? Some races we've seen involved 20 cars staying in the order they were on the grid throughout the race with small exceptions for a couple of retirements. This race, though upsetting for those who were there, was actually quite interesting to watch on tv and contained more drama than any race so far this year.

F1 is making all the headlines again and no doubt loads of people will tune in to the next race to find out where things are going. In terms of tv audience, I think its possible the ratings might even grow.

Having said that, as people have pointed out below, the US Grand Prix doesn't seem likely for the future.
Mon 20/06/05 at 09:00
"Was the man of marz"
ssxpro wrote:
> Firstly, I feel very sorry for the people who actually went to see the
> race - wasting the money spent on tickets, travel, accomodation and
> various other things would have been upsetting, however...
>
> For those watching on tv, which is most of us (by a huge margin), do
> you not think that the US Grand Prix was actually quite entertaining?

Are you for real? If you had beenpaying attention to the season, you would have seen what had been happening (alonso leading with kimi catching fast) and you would also understand that the ferrari 1-2 means 3 and 4th in the championship. Michael had next to no chances of winning his title back but now he's a few points behind raikonen (correct spelling?).

I agree it's the paying fans who where hurt most. They thought they where gonna see a race then must have been in horror when 14 cars pulled in. I can see why they reacted so badly throwing stuff onto the track when people like kimi laid down ruber on their grid slot like they where going torace.

Just to correct my last post. I think it was indeed ferrari who voted against the chicane but jordan are guilty of racing just for the money the points would bring, and therefore minardi couldn't afford for their only realistic rival to have a big bugget boost. Without that unsporting act do you really think two ferrari's would have circulated on there own?
Mon 20/06/05 at 10:50
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Oh cmon, what's he, and Ferrari as a team supposed to do?

Yes, I fully understand that the Bridgestone runners had done nothing wrong, they had the right to race.

But come on, Two Ferraris against Jordan and Minardi? That's really unfair, it was obvious what the outcome of the 'race' would be. Ferrari lapped up those easy points in a situation that had damaged the sport in general.

In my opinion the whole thing should of been cancelled or postponed until the situation had been resolved. In the spirit of good sportsmanship.

Unfortuanatley, fans had to watch the farce unfold as common sense didn't prevail.

Even those who stayed for the duration were booing and jeering, voicing their opinion to a country where F1 isn't exactly popular.
Mon 20/06/05 at 10:59
Regular
Pretty good quote from the BBC here (concerning Bernie Ecclestone): -

And it is worrying for the entire future of the sport - let alone its future in America - that no-one could do that on Sunday.

In the past, that man would have been F1 impresario Bernie Ecclestone.

But perhaps his decision to leap into bed with Ferrari in the political row that threatens to tear the sport apart has terminally harmed his position as F1's deal-maker extraordinaire.
Mon 20/06/05 at 11:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think it might make the other teams even more determined now to start up that breakaway series. Of course i doubt Schumie would mind he'd be more than happy to race with Barrichello on their own and no doubt will probably get him to slow up and let him past on a few occasions :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.