GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The US Grand Prix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 18:45
Regular
"es argh"
Oh dear.
Sun 19/06/05 at 19:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's the way it is at the moment. F1 is big business. When it comes down to making a decision between pleasing the fans or pleasing their pockets, money talks every time.

This really isn't the best place for this kind of display either. It's common knowledge that F1 isn't that popular in America and it's only going to hurt the sport.

I don't blame Michelin. Bridgestone had the knowledge of this track from the IRL series and with the surface being re-laid, Michelin went for performance and screwed up. The situation should have been resolved for the sake of the fans who have paid money and took the time to travel to the circuit.
Sun 19/06/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
True enough. They obviously never considered the safety of the six drivers out there and the displeasure of the crowd. It must be scary when the missiles were flying but as most of the crowd seem to be leaving that wont be a problem for long.

What I cannot understand is how Ferrari think, especially in light of the fact that the other two Bridgestone teams were in agreement to the track change for the sake of safety and a race.

How the hell do Ferrari get away with this?
Sun 19/06/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's all politics. Ferrari have signed an agreement with the FIA supporting them beyond the current agreement, which runs out after 2008. The other teams are contemplating a breakaway series and so have not signed an agreement.

This means Ferrari sides with the FIA a lot and tend to be the main instigators of problems like this.

9 teams: We want this to happen.

Ferrari: Erm, we want to go this way. You need our agreement. Case closed.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, at least Ferrari are out there racing...

Apparently Ferrari neither agreed or disagreed to the chicane. I'm sure if it had been built they would have raced anyway. The FIA said no, and that's that really.

Personally I blame Michelin, thumbs up to all the teams who have stuck with Bridgestone.

Go Ferrari! :D And again, I'd like to say it would be awesome if Schumey managed to retain the title again this year...
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ferrari neither agreed or disagreed? Then they have to take part of the blame because all 10 teams had to agree to not race.

The FIA and their rigid rules have to take the majority of the blame. One fan said that it would have made sense just to start the Michelin cars from the pit lane on the new tyres. The FIA forbids that.

This was avoidable but Ferrari and Michelin take part of the blame and in the end, the FIA have to take the majority of it.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yay, Ferrari won. {:) Feel a bit sorry for Barrichello though. Anyway Ferrari went out there and the two drivers raced as best they could, almost taking each other off in the one moment of excitement.

Well done Monteiro! Glad he tried to enjoy himself anyway.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:50
Regular
"0228"
Ant wrote:
> Well done Monteiro! Glad he tried to enjoy himself anyway.

That was hilarious when he was up on the podium celebrating and the two Ferrari boys just walked off. I know that's harsh but I couldn't help finding it amusing.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I cringed.

Duff race, duff results.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
JFH wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> Well done Monteiro! Glad he tried to enjoy himself anyway.
>
> That was hilarious when he was up on the podium celebrating and the
> two Ferrari boys just walked off. I know that's harsh but I couldn't
> help finding it amusing.

It was funny, but I suppose for two drivers as talented and experienced as Rubens and Michael it would have seemed rather disrespectful. For Monteiro, who drives one of the worst cars in Formula 1 in his debut season, it's a big moment nevertheless, so I'm glad he had some fun anyway.
Sun 19/06/05 at 20:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Champ Car and IRL > F1

Utter fiasco, no wonder i stopped watching it.

While i understand Monteiro's joy it wasn't exactly a smart move spraying the champagne about the place, think it just made the fans that actually stayed even more p'd off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.