GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC27-I Need Someone"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/06/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Catch it!"
Today I felt terrible I woke thinking my wife would be laying, beside me and I would be able to put my arm round her. But no I couldn’t it was just lonely me I got up, and walked to the shower. I washed myself nice and clean, so I didn’t smell then I got dressed, in some nice clothes. Even though no one would really care I was wearing nice clothes. I went out the house and walked down the street, I walked along looking down at the floor, feeling sorry for myself.

Like I normally do every single day; every single second, minute, hour. I feel sorry for myself and I have never stopped. I have been acting like this since my wife went; we had been together for 10 years. She stopped it to go off with some other man, so now I hate her. I walk down the road kick some rubbish along. I walk into the café I go into every morning, to have my breakfast. I go in and ask for the usual bacon, egg, sausages and a nice warm cup of tea.

I shove it down me then walk out, I walk down to work I work in a little tiny office, where there’s no air conditioning and it’s boiling. Well the things to do today, walk up loads of stairs to my office because the lifts broken, then turn on my computer and wait for five damn minutes for it to load, then sit down and type up a load of horrible work. So I walk into the office no one greeting me I go and sit down, turn on the computer and wait for it to load. I go and open a window, when I look back round a woman is walking into the office. A woman I had never seen before with long blonde straight beautiful hair, her face so nice her eyes look glazed she was beautiful and I wanted her.

I went over to Mike “Who’s that woman” I asked. “What that one” He answered. “No the other Woman there” I answered “O she’s Sal” he told me. “Oh she’s beautiful. I didn’t need anybody anymore I had found the perfect person and she was great.
Wed 22/06/05 at 20:19
Regular
"bot"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Blurting "it's crap!" isn't just expressing an opinion.
> Unless, of course, you explain why you think it is crap

did you miss the whole "poor plot development, awful language and description" part?
Wed 22/06/05 at 16:51
Regular
"What's basketball?"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> If you're honestly trying to argue that other people can't have a
> different opinion than you, then you are truely sad.
>
> And therefore, people can have their own opinions about your
> opinions, and so on. Which they are entitled to express with the
> whole of their conviction.
>
> Also, you seem to assume that everyone expressing an opinion becomes
> of equal standing with everyone else doing likewise. Which is not how
> it works. Yeah, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it doesn't mean
> it isn't a retarded one.
>
> Taking a perfect example here - if you were to say crossbob's story
> was good, that would be your opinion, and it would also (i.e. at the
> same time) quite obviously be a load of utter shitewash.
>
> See, if people expressing opinions were put on an equal standing as
> everyone else, there'd be a bit of trouble. Hilter hates Jews! Ah
> well, that's his opinion, none of my bussiness.
>
> See also: law; social norms and common sense.

Blurting "it's crap!" isn't just expressing an opinion. Unless, of course, you explain why you think it is crap and not be as brutal as NGC when they see Diddy Kong's face. If someone were to say they liked it then that would just be their opinion(not shitewash. Whatever the f**k that means). However, if someone just bursted in and yelled out "This is the best thing eva!!!!!!! Anyone that doesn't think so is a tw@t!!!!!!!" then they would equally be spitting out b******t like the people on here that say "it's crap!"

Also, how the hell did Hitler get into any of this? Does this mean people liking this story results in death?
Wed 22/06/05 at 16:30
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Neither does telling people not to write a story. If you don't like
> it, then don't post.
>
> The whole point of this forum is for people to receive feedback.
> If no-one receieved criticism, they would never progress.

Not necessarliy, you could just say how you think he could improve. Complaining about how much you hate it won't get you, or anyone else for that matter, anywhere.

>
> Subjective opinion is irrelevant.

How?

> Objectively, in terms of writing technique and structure, this is
> extremely poor. Of course people can have different opinions, but
> just because someone likes something it isn't necessarily good. A
> lot of people like the crazy frog, so it must be good music, right?

In their eyes, yes!

> It's quite obvious that this has been typed out and then posted
> straight away, with little afterthought. Writing requires more
> commitment than that. Crossbob's "write 'em and flog 'em"
> technique is probably counter-productive to progression, because
> instead of focusing his attention on trying to write one solid story
> he just creates a continual stream of awful writing.

He could've just written it for fun. Not worrying what other people think about it, and not trying to write it just to please you. You know, some people have fun writing stories and are not only willing to write it to everyone's tastes. Just like discos, people love making a fool out of themselves and don't care who's watching(well...sort of). Even if some people enjoy it, which they no doubt will, it doesn't necessarily mean it was his skills that entertained them. They just enjoy it because that's the sort of thing they are into, and not because of what writing techniques and such skills he used.
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:27
"period drama"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:

And therefore, people can have their own opinions about your opinions, and so on. Which they are entitled to express with the whole of their conviction.

Also, you seem to assume that everyone expressing an opinion becomes of equal standing with everyone else doing likewise. Which is not how it works. Yeah, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it doesn't mean it isn't a retarded one.

Taking a perfect example here - if you were to say crossbob's story was good, that would be your opinion, and it would also (i.e. at the same time) quite obviously be a load of utter shitewash.

See, if people expressing opinions were put on an equal standing as everyone else, there'd be a bit of trouble. Hilter hates Jews! Ah well, that's his opinion, none of my bussiness.

See also: law; social norms and common sense.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:51
Regular
"Catch it!"
Asher wrote:
> I thought I told you to include a character called Grandmaster Asher
> Ice-Cold?
>
> The lack of this does not please Asher

I will do it in another one soon.
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:39
Regular
I thought I told you to include a character called Grandmaster Asher Ice-Cold?

The lack of this does not please Asher
Tue 21/06/05 at 15:58
Regular
"bot"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Neither does telling people not to write a story. If you don't like
> it, then don't post.

The whole point of this forum is for people to receive feedback.
If no-one receieved criticism, they would never progress.

Subjective opinion is irrelevant.
Objectively, in terms of writing technique and structure, this is extremely poor. Of course people can have different opinions, but just because someone likes something it isn't necessarily good. A lot of people like the crazy frog, so it must be good music, right?

It's quite obvious that this has been typed out and then posted straight away, with little afterthought. Writing requires more commitment than that. Crossbob's "write 'em and flog 'em" technique is probably counter-productive to progression, because instead of focusing his attention on trying to write one solid story he just creates a continual stream of awful writing.
Tue 21/06/05 at 15:50
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> And it's not ironic at all. If you write a story and you don't like
> it, if you personally believe it to be a bad story, why post it?
>
> Yes it is. You people tell him not to post, and yet you guys are
> doing so.
>
> That doesn't even make sense.

Neither does telling people not to write a story. If you don't like it, then don't post.

> There isn't a point in acting like it's a fact either!
> Everyone has their own opinions, so some people would like
> it.
> Also, remember these two magic words: "I think..."(or any
> other combination of opinion words)
>
> If you're honestly trying to argue that this could be considered good
> in terms of language or plot development, I feel for you.

If you're honestly trying to argue that other people can't have a different opinion than you, then you are truely sad.
Mon 20/06/05 at 23:41
*weeps*
Mon 20/06/05 at 23:38
Regular
"bot"
ahaha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.