GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC27-I Need Someone"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/06/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Catch it!"
Today I felt terrible I woke thinking my wife would be laying, beside me and I would be able to put my arm round her. But no I couldn’t it was just lonely me I got up, and walked to the shower. I washed myself nice and clean, so I didn’t smell then I got dressed, in some nice clothes. Even though no one would really care I was wearing nice clothes. I went out the house and walked down the street, I walked along looking down at the floor, feeling sorry for myself.

Like I normally do every single day; every single second, minute, hour. I feel sorry for myself and I have never stopped. I have been acting like this since my wife went; we had been together for 10 years. She stopped it to go off with some other man, so now I hate her. I walk down the road kick some rubbish along. I walk into the café I go into every morning, to have my breakfast. I go in and ask for the usual bacon, egg, sausages and a nice warm cup of tea.

I shove it down me then walk out, I walk down to work I work in a little tiny office, where there’s no air conditioning and it’s boiling. Well the things to do today, walk up loads of stairs to my office because the lifts broken, then turn on my computer and wait for five damn minutes for it to load, then sit down and type up a load of horrible work. So I walk into the office no one greeting me I go and sit down, turn on the computer and wait for it to load. I go and open a window, when I look back round a woman is walking into the office. A woman I had never seen before with long blonde straight beautiful hair, her face so nice her eyes look glazed she was beautiful and I wanted her.

I went over to Mike “Who’s that woman” I asked. “What that one” He answered. “No the other Woman there” I answered “O she’s Sal” he told me. “Oh she’s beautiful. I didn’t need anybody anymore I had found the perfect person and she was great.
Fri 24/06/05 at 15:51
Regular
"What's basketball?"
FFS! Is it really that hard to accept that, out of over six billion people on this planet, some may actually like this story? Does it hurt you all that much? People have different tastes- that's what makes some people like it. There is no good or bad, there are only opinions! So stop being stubborn priccks, you're not the only people on this planet.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:44
"period drama"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> As a matter of fact, yes. If someone goes around trying to convice
> everyone else that their opinion is a fact then it is just completely
> stupid. Then when someone else says that they think differently and is
> accused of being wrong, that is even worse.

An accusation would be an opinion, non?
Everyone's entitled to an opinion ... yet nobody can express their own opinion on the first opinion? What wonderful logic.

Parading opinion as fact is, of course, wrong - however, you seem a little confused. Here, for instance, crossbob's story is crap, and that's a fact whichever way you look at it.

There's a line, you know, between opinion and fact which can easily be crossed. It's how most facts come about, you know - someone says "hey, I think blah-de-blah." = opinion, and then they can go on to prove this is true - fact.

In this case, as has been proven, and as is painfully obvious, this story sucks. Fact. And dispite all your little moanings, you would be wrong to think otherwise.

> Yeah, Hitler's plans in killing Jews has a lot in common with writing
> stories. You're on a role aren't you?

Wow, you really are stupid.
We were, quite obviously (rather a popular phrase here, ain't it? I wonder why... ) talking about the expression and qualification of opinions - regardless of what they actually refer to - and your notion that anyone expressing an opinion is given equal standing as everyone else is completely stupid. It's not just opinion vs opinion, there's many, many other factors weighting up both sides - and when one side becomes weighty enough, the opinion usually transgresses to a higher state, saw a law or simple social boundary.

> ...Washing things with $hite???

Guess again, cockshanks.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:34
Regular
"bot"
You keep coming back to the 'opinion' thing every time, even though I've provided you with the reasoning behind it that you initially demanded.

If you can give me a reason why this story should be considered good, I might stop laughing at you.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:33
Regular
"bot"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> So saying things like "his stories are hilarious because they
> are so bad" is helping? I never thought it was(and if I were
> him, I wouldn't change my style of writing if you just said something
> like that).

Memorandum! wrote:
> You're the one writing the story.
>
> #1 You don't have to choose a genre then start writing.
> Why confine yourself? Why not come up with an idea and progress it?
> Defining a genre at the beginning is essentially restricting
> yourself. It's unnecessary to do so.
>
> #2 Even if you do want to confine yourself to a genre, why should we
> tell you what it should be? You're the one writing the story, so
> make your own decisions.

Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> So you're sticking with your "anyone who has a different opinion
> is wrong" stance? How sad.

Again, it's NOT opinion. Opinion is subjective.
Objectively, this story cannot be described as good, and for the last time, this is why:

Awful language, no character development, no plot development, diabolical description. If anyone takes the 'opinion' that it's good, they're wrong. It has no redeeming qualities. You can blabber about opinion all you like, but it won't make this story any good.

down wrote:
> Don't be so pretentious. Only another idiot would not see that this
> story is utter balls.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:22
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Memorandum! wrote:
> When you asked me to explain, I did.
> I've explained myself enough when criticising his earlier stories. I
> CBA typing out the same reasons every time.

I haven't seen any of his earlier stories, so I wouldn't know. You could've just made an effort to help him improve with different ideas until he likes some of yours if you hate them that much.

> Besides, if you actually read the thread, I've helped him more than
> you have.

So saying things like "his stories are hilarious because they are so bad" is helping? I never thought it was(and if I were him, I wouldn't change my style of writing if you just said something like that).

> Now get your head out of your ass and stop trying to take the moral
> high ground. This is crap. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

So you're sticking with your "anyone who has a different opinion is wrong" stance? How sad.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:04
Regular
"What's basketball?"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Er ... right.
> I think you've managed to talk yourself around in a pointless circle,
> and right back up your own ass.
>
> So if someone says it's crap, that's wrong unless they qualify it,
> but if they say they like it, that's fine? Right, good work.
> Although if they say they like it, in a slightly more retarded if
> more entusiastic way, that makes it wrong again?

As a matter of fact, yes. If someone goes around trying to convice everyone else that their opinion is a fact then it is just completely stupid. Then when someone else says that they think differently and is accused of being wrong, that is even worse.

> The Hilter thing was - quite obviously - what is usually called 'an
> example' of someone with an opinion. And people screaming 'hey it's
> his opinion! leave him alone!' wouldn't have really helped matters
> there - he did, after all (as you say) explain himself quite clearly.

Yeah, Hitler's plans in killing Jews has a lot in common with writing stories. You're on a role aren't you?

> "(not shitewash. Whatever the f**k that means)"
> Rather a simple thing to work out, methinks.

...Washing things with $hite???
Thu 23/06/05 at 15:48
Regular
"bot"
When you asked me to explain, I did.
I've explained myself enough when criticising his earlier stories. I CBA typing out the same reasons every time.

Besides, if you actually read the thread, I've helped him more than you have.
Now get your head out of your ass and stop trying to take the moral high ground. This is crap. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
Thu 23/06/05 at 15:46
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Blurting "it's crap!" isn't just expressing an opinion.
> Unless, of course, you explain why you think it is crap
>
> did you miss the whole "poor plot development, awful language
> and description" part?

If you look back to your first post, you'll see that all you put was "crap". It didn't say you thought it had "a poor plot development, awful language and description" if you read closely. So I guess everyone missed it.
Wed 22/06/05 at 22:44
"period drama"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Blurting "it's crap!" isn't just expressing an opinion.
> Unless, of course, you explain why you think it is crap and
> not be as brutal as NGC when they see Diddy Kong's face. If someone
> were to say they liked it then that would just be their opinion(not
> shitewash. Whatever the f**k that means). However, if someone just
> bursted in and yelled out "This is the best thing eva!!!!!!!
> Anyone that doesn't think so is a tw@t!!!!!!!" then they would
> equally be spitting out b******t like the people on here that say
> "it's crap!"
>
> Also, how the hell did Hitler get into any of this? Does this mean
> people liking this story results in death?

Er ... right.
I think you've managed to talk yourself around in a pointless circle, and right back up your own ass.

So if someone says it's crap, that's wrong unless they qualify it, but if they say they like it, that's fine? Right, good work.
Although if they say they like it, in a slightly more retarded if more entusiastic way, that makes it wrong again?

The Hilter thing was - quite obviously - what is usually called 'an example' of someone with an opinion. And people screaming 'hey it's his opinion! leave him alone!' wouldn't have really helped matters there - he did, after all (as you say) explain himself quite clearly.

"(not shitewash. Whatever the f**k that means)"
Rather a simple thing to work out, methinks.
Wed 22/06/05 at 20:37
Don't be so pretentious. Only another idiot would not see that this story is utter balls.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.