GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC27-I Need Someone"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/06/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Catch it!"
Today I felt terrible I woke thinking my wife would be laying, beside me and I would be able to put my arm round her. But no I couldn’t it was just lonely me I got up, and walked to the shower. I washed myself nice and clean, so I didn’t smell then I got dressed, in some nice clothes. Even though no one would really care I was wearing nice clothes. I went out the house and walked down the street, I walked along looking down at the floor, feeling sorry for myself.

Like I normally do every single day; every single second, minute, hour. I feel sorry for myself and I have never stopped. I have been acting like this since my wife went; we had been together for 10 years. She stopped it to go off with some other man, so now I hate her. I walk down the road kick some rubbish along. I walk into the café I go into every morning, to have my breakfast. I go in and ask for the usual bacon, egg, sausages and a nice warm cup of tea.

I shove it down me then walk out, I walk down to work I work in a little tiny office, where there’s no air conditioning and it’s boiling. Well the things to do today, walk up loads of stairs to my office because the lifts broken, then turn on my computer and wait for five damn minutes for it to load, then sit down and type up a load of horrible work. So I walk into the office no one greeting me I go and sit down, turn on the computer and wait for it to load. I go and open a window, when I look back round a woman is walking into the office. A woman I had never seen before with long blonde straight beautiful hair, her face so nice her eyes look glazed she was beautiful and I wanted her.

I went over to Mike “Who’s that woman” I asked. “What that one” He answered. “No the other Woman there” I answered “O she’s Sal” he told me. “Oh she’s beautiful. I didn’t need anybody anymore I had found the perfect person and she was great.
Wed 29/06/05 at 22:23
Regular
"Catch it!"
Why are the posts so big in this?
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:14
"period drama"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Many people have different views. So in order for something to be
> good or bad we must ALL have the same view, in which case there would
> be no-one to think otherwise. So only one would exist in every
> situation. However, as people do have different views, good and bad
> can't exist.

Didn't I already explain all this?
It's called majority rules - it's how the world works, because it's how the world has to work.

You do live in this world, right? You can see how it works - and how very much it just wouldn't work if a unanimous decision had to be reached on everything?

Have you no courage of conviction - is there nothing you truely believe that is right or wrong? If someone murdered your family, and beat you halfway to death for no reason - you couldn't say that was a bad thing to do? You'd have to concede to yourself that the guy himself obviously didn't think so - so it couldn't have been a bad thing?
Cause that's actually rather sad. Belief ... morals ... these things make us human, not some logical analytical robot.

Read that massive post I wrote if you want a proper answer - it's all in there. Your ideas are so incredibly far wrong, I just can't be bothered anymore.

Or is this just some massive misunderstanding about definitions?
Let's see ...

Say ... the words good and bad were only reserved for when the entire population of the planet agrees on something unanimously.
Say perchance, for some bizzare reason, everyone decides that killing a complete stranger in the street with absolutely no provocation is a bad thing. That's okay, right?

But then there's these new words - for the sake of argument, called 'doog' and 'dab' - which come into play on the majority of opinion, social norms and laws.

Although I'd like to know where you stand on laws, and being able to statystically analyse some things for whether they are good or bad, as with this story. But whatever ... on we go ...

You could say pretty easily that this story was dab?
Hitler was a dab man?

Not bad, of course, because not everyone would agree, but dab?
Yes?

> Wouldn't you agree that writing your own story is a much better
> experience than criticising others'? Or is it just me?

I would. But does that mean I should stop doing it?

> In the writers point of view, their story could be brilliant. They
> could be cherishing every word they typed, whether they used tidy
> grammer or not. Many people enjoy their work. He could've hoped that
> he would be praised for it- Only to see many complaints about it.He
> may be saying he thinks it's crap, but that could just be
> because he was hoping it would shut the others up shortly
> afterwards.

To be honest, as a writer, I'd be pretty p!ssed with all this.
If everyone came in saying 'ooh ... yeah ... I can't really say this is good or bad, because not everyone could agree with me, so er yeah ... it was equal to everything. I don't hate it, if that helps, if I'm allowed to say that'

Because there are such things as good and bad stories, and I'd like to know about it.

> I don't hate it- I think it is alright. Sure there are quite a lot of
> grammer mistakes, but nobody's perfect(or at least, in the sense that
> people use the word perfect for today. We are all perfect in the way
> that we can't get any more 'perfect' than we already are). I'm more
> of a video game freak myself mind you(NNNOOOOO!!! I'm losing the rest
> of my American...ness. Wanna play some B-ball?).

You really think people can't get any better than they already are?
You know ... self improvement? Broadening your horizons ... expanding your knowledge ... becoming a better person?

I really, really hope not.
Wed 29/06/05 at 16:41
Regular
"What's basketball?"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> FFF, I said people can think something is good, and therefore
> to them it is good. However, there isn't good or bad, people just
> think there is.
>
> So how am I
> contradicting myself?
>
> See above.

Many people have different views. So in order for something to be good or bad we must ALL have the same view, in which case there would be no-one to think otherwise. So only one would exist in every situation. However, as people do have different views, good and bad can't exist.

>
> I never said writing your own story means you can just call someone
> elses stories crap, so I don't know where you got that from.
> I
> meant why not write your own story instead of criticising
> other
> peoples stories.
>
> Right ... why should I?
> I quite like reading and commenting on people's stories - what's the
> problem?

Wouldn't you agree that writing your own story is a much better experience than criticising others'? Or is it just me?

>
> Not that I ever did in this case, which you seem to be forgetting.
>
> Although I suppose you, with your amazing theories, think that all
> stories ever written are of an equal standard (seeing as good and bad
> doesn't exist and all) and therefore any comments on any story would
> be completely pointless, as the writer should already know that their
> story is completely equal as everyone else's - no less, no more - and
> even if they mashed their fase against the keyboard, it would still
> stand.

In the writers point of view, their story could be brilliant. They could be cherishing every word they typed, whether they used tidy grammer or not. Many people enjoy their work. He could've hoped that he would be praised for it- Only to see many complaints about it.He may be saying he thinks it's crap, but that could just be because he was hoping it would shut the others up shortly afterwards.

> All because you can't even
> accept that some people can actually consider one little story,that
> you may never see again anyway, good.
>
> When did I dispute that?
> If you bothered to read anything I've written, you'll see I
> wholeheartedly agreed that someone could think this story was good.

Wait for it...

> They would just happen to be wrong.

There we are.

> I couldn't care less about your
> stupid comments right now though,
>
> Dispite overwhelming evidence to the contrary ...

I don't know about you, but personally carrying this on to the Summer Holidays isn't very high on my list of priorities.

> Still quite interested in what you personally think of this story.

I don't hate it- I think it is alright. Sure there are quite a lot of grammer mistakes, but nobody's perfect(or at least, in the sense that people use the word perfect for today. We are all perfect in the way that we can't get any more 'perfect' than we already are). I'm more of a video game freak myself mind you(NNNOOOOO!!! I'm losing the rest of my American...ness. Wanna play some B-ball?).
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:53
"period drama"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> to them it is good. However, there isn't good or bad, people just
> think there is.

> So how am I
> contradicting myself?

See above.

I've already explained, at least three times, the transistance from thoughts through social norms to laws, perchance to some kind of religious truth. That's how it works - people don't live in their own little bubbles, every thought affects another, spiralling into a social consiousness.

There is and good and bad for the exact reason that people think there is - just because it isn't a tangible, solid thing, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Like I've said - at least four times - I understand where you are coming from, and completely argree that right and wrong are simply the opinions of the individual. But why does that mean these forces don't exist?

> I never said writing your own story means you can just call someone
> elses stories crap, so I don't know where you got that from. I
> meant why not write your own story instead of criticising other
> peoples stories.

Right ... why should I?
I quite like reading and commenting on people's stories - what's the problem?

Not that I ever did in this case, which you seem to be forgetting.

Although I suppose you, with your amazing theories, think that all stories ever written are of an equal standard (seeing as good and bad doesn't exist and all) and therefore any comments on any story would be completely pointless, as the writer should already know that their story is completely equal as everyone else's - no less, no more - and even if they mashed their fase against the keyboard, it would still stand.

> accept that some people can actually consider one little story,that

When did I dispute that?
If you bothered to read anything I've written, you'll see I wholeheartedly agreed that someone could think this story was good.

They would just happen to be wrong.

> I couldn't care less about your
> stupid comments right now though,

Dispite overwhelming evidence to the contrary ...

Still quite interested in what you personally think of this story.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:28
Regular
Can we all just agree this story is rubbish and move on with our lives?

'so nice her eyes look glazed'.

I mean, come on. Glazed eyes aren't even a good thing!
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Bicycle"
Double post... Sorry.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Bicycle"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> to them it is good. However, there isn't good or bad, people jus**t
> think there is.

No, there are such things as good and bad, but they're all forms of opinion. And if you don't want critisizm (people's opinion, mos**tly hones**t), then don't bother pos**ting.

> accept that some people can actually consider one little s**tory,that

I don't think it's a problem with other people thinking that it's good - more that from the s**tandards usually set by some pos**ters and practically any published author, this s**tory looks rather sh*t.
Tue 28/06/05 at 16:25
Regular
"bot"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> If not, maybe I will look back
> at this day when I am getting along better in life than you
> self-centered tw@s and feel sorry for you.

hahahahahahaha
Tue 28/06/05 at 16:12
Regular
"What's basketball?"
FFF, I said people can think something is good, and therefore to them it is good. However, there isn't good or bad, people just think there is. So saying things like "this story is bad" as a fact is nothing since other people can like it. Likewise, someone could easily not like it. So if someone says it being good is a fact then they are just as stupid. So how am I contradicting myself?

I never said writing your own story means you can just call someone elses stories crap, so I don't know where you got that from. I meant why not write your own story instead of criticising other peoples stories. As simple as that. Surely at least someone like you idiots can understand that. If not, maybe I will look back at this day when I am getting along better in life than you self-centered tw@s and feel sorry for you. All because you can't even accept that some people can actually consider one little story,that you may never see again anyway, good. I couldn't care less about your stupid comments right now though, as I have better things to do- like watch grass grow.
Mon 27/06/05 at 21:47
Regular
Once again, utterly fantastic from crossbob :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.