GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Sat 30/10/04 at 13:40
Regular
Still looks promising, read a few reviews this morning, watched the IGN video review, average score is around 80%. The game clearly has massive short comings but as I have said, so did Halo.

For Gorilla to step up with their first game with Sony, try to take on a project that was ambitious from the start with all the retarded PS2 magazines calling it a 'Halo killer' instead of just letting the game run its course and then see from the end.

Sounds like Sony and Gorilla have taken on too much for the PS2 hardware but I like the idea of a developer trying to push the hardware to the limits instead of sitting back and holdings ideas back.

IGN's review is very inconsistent, they talk about the short comings and then as usual go on to say that it is a very solid game that yes you should buy.

The main criticisms are AI related and occasional slowdown but even Halo, Half Life and a host of other games before it have suffered from these problems to one degree or another.

I am still really looking forward to it, it looks a hell of a lot of fun to play and will still remain up there with my Christmas purchase list.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:10
Regular
"The Red Shift"
thebestbit wrote:

its poor as hell dont think ive
> played it since the day i got it!
sucked big time.

lakers...

It's good. Very good. The fact that this half wit calls it a rubbish game without even playing it proves nothing. Perhaps not the best ever game of its type, but it is certainly worth buying.
Sat 30/10/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I knew it wouldn't be as good as all the idiot mags were making it out to be

*oh my the enemy has glowing eyes........HALO KILLER!!!!!!!*

If people don't set such ludicrous standards thinking it's going to beat HL2 and just enjoy the game for what it is then they won't be disappointed. This is why i hardly ever bother with gaming mags
Sat 30/10/04 at 19:39
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
homosh wrote:
> thebestbit wrote:
> but TS2 sucked!
> What are you talking about ? Did you even play it ?

i made the mistake of buying it! its poor as hell dont think ive played it since the day i got it! sucked big time.
Sat 30/10/04 at 18:14
Regular
"boom boom click"
ill get it as the levels look kool
Sat 30/10/04 at 17:38
Regular
"..."
thebestbit wrote:
> but TS2 sucked!
What are you talking about ? Did you even play it ?
Sat 30/10/04 at 16:10
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Clazon wrote:
> >
> Overall it's good enough for any one who liked TS2 to get.
>
but TS2 sucked!
Sat 30/10/04 at 14:30
Regular
"The Red Shift"
From the demo I played of it, it's just as good as Halo. I noticed nothing wrong with it for Boxers to say "hahaha, you failed."

I didn't experience any slow down or AI problems apart from one Helgarth being out of place.

Overall it's good enough for any one who liked TS2 to get.

OPS2 were running a compo for quickest completion of the demo.

So far a friend has 1:35. Anyone done better?

(that's pretty damn good :))
Sat 30/10/04 at 13:40
Regular
Still looks promising, read a few reviews this morning, watched the IGN video review, average score is around 80%. The game clearly has massive short comings but as I have said, so did Halo.

For Gorilla to step up with their first game with Sony, try to take on a project that was ambitious from the start with all the retarded PS2 magazines calling it a 'Halo killer' instead of just letting the game run its course and then see from the end.

Sounds like Sony and Gorilla have taken on too much for the PS2 hardware but I like the idea of a developer trying to push the hardware to the limits instead of sitting back and holdings ideas back.

IGN's review is very inconsistent, they talk about the short comings and then as usual go on to say that it is a very solid game that yes you should buy.

The main criticisms are AI related and occasional slowdown but even Halo, Half Life and a host of other games before it have suffered from these problems to one degree or another.

I am still really looking forward to it, it looks a hell of a lot of fun to play and will still remain up there with my Christmas purchase list.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.