GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Sat 30/10/04 at 13:40
Regular
Still looks promising, read a few reviews this morning, watched the IGN video review, average score is around 80%. The game clearly has massive short comings but as I have said, so did Halo.

For Gorilla to step up with their first game with Sony, try to take on a project that was ambitious from the start with all the retarded PS2 magazines calling it a 'Halo killer' instead of just letting the game run its course and then see from the end.

Sounds like Sony and Gorilla have taken on too much for the PS2 hardware but I like the idea of a developer trying to push the hardware to the limits instead of sitting back and holdings ideas back.

IGN's review is very inconsistent, they talk about the short comings and then as usual go on to say that it is a very solid game that yes you should buy.

The main criticisms are AI related and occasional slowdown but even Halo, Half Life and a host of other games before it have suffered from these problems to one degree or another.

I am still really looking forward to it, it looks a hell of a lot of fun to play and will still remain up there with my Christmas purchase list.
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:00
Regular
So it's a bit like Rainbow Six, team-based FPS combat, but with a more arcade style a la Halo?
Sat 13/11/04 at 18:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Like FM said.
Sat 13/11/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mav wrote:
> What's the basic premise of Killzone, then?

3 ISA operatives drop deep behind enemy lines to prevent the Helghast from taking over a planet. Then they hook up with a rogue ex-Helghast along the way.

> Does it have any particular gameplay quirks?

If there was an award for best weaponry in a videogame, ever, it would have to go to Killzone.
Sat 13/11/04 at 18:10
Regular
What's the basic premise of Killzone, then?

Does it have any particular gameplay quirks? Halo, for example, had vehicles.
Mon 08/11/04 at 17:53
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Thank you good sir.
Mon 08/11/04 at 04:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
26th November 2004.
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:18
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Squall wrote:
> I'm really looing forward to this, any idea of its release?
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Bicycle"
:D

Still I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Half-Life 2 a hell of a lot more than Killzone.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:23
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> Oh and Icarus, Guerrilla did develop Killzone.

Finally, third time lucky.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:19
Regular
We were talking about Counter-Strike at the time, I presumed you were referring to that.

Oh and Icarus, Guerrilla did develop Killzone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.