GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Sat 30/10/04 at 13:40
Regular
Still looks promising, read a few reviews this morning, watched the IGN video review, average score is around 80%. The game clearly has massive short comings but as I have said, so did Halo.

For Gorilla to step up with their first game with Sony, try to take on a project that was ambitious from the start with all the retarded PS2 magazines calling it a 'Halo killer' instead of just letting the game run its course and then see from the end.

Sounds like Sony and Gorilla have taken on too much for the PS2 hardware but I like the idea of a developer trying to push the hardware to the limits instead of sitting back and holdings ideas back.

IGN's review is very inconsistent, they talk about the short comings and then as usual go on to say that it is a very solid game that yes you should buy.

The main criticisms are AI related and occasional slowdown but even Halo, Half Life and a host of other games before it have suffered from these problems to one degree or another.

I am still really looking forward to it, it looks a hell of a lot of fun to play and will still remain up there with my Christmas purchase list.
Sun 31/10/04 at 01:05
Regular
"The Red Shift"
eye'Aoe wrote:

> It seemed too closed in. I like things with lots of open space...
> Like Halo. :D

I hate Halo being wide open. I hate any wide open shooter. Shooting games have to have both open and tight confines, so that theres a likelyhood of close contact.
Sun 31/10/04 at 00:20
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> thebestbit wrote:
>
> its poor as hell dont think ive
> played it since the day i got it!
sucked big time.
>
> lakers...
>
> It's good. Very good. The fact that this half wit calls it a rubbish
> game without even playing it proves nothing. Perhaps not the best
> ever game of its type, but it is certainly worth buying.

When did he say he didn't play it?
The clue is in the "since the day I got it" you moron.
Sun 31/10/04 at 00:13
Regular
"\\"
homosh wrote:
> Counter Strike is still the best, try spending several hours on an
> internet server, it's just gaming heaven, and I already know that
> offline is rubish, but that would also apply on Goldeneye and
> Timesplitters 2. First person shooters are meant to be online, so
> counter strike is the best.

And considering Halo was funking brilliant without online... Halo 2 is going to completely destroy CS then?
Sun 31/10/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gaming heaven? You consider playing a game littered with cheating norks gaming heaven? Strange
Sun 31/10/04 at 00:00
Regular
"..."
Counter Strike is still the best, try spending several hours on an internet server, it's just gaming heaven, and I already know that offline is rubish, but that would also apply on Goldeneye and Timesplitters 2. First person shooters are meant to be online, so counter strike is the best.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:30
Regular
"\\"
homosh wrote:
> Ok, I've had it with all those Halo/Killzone topics. This is the fact
> that everyone has to admit:
>
>
> Counter Strike is the best first person shooter ever

I couldn't stand it. It was terrible.

It seemed too closed in. I like things with lots of open space... Like Halo. :D
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Take Counter Strike offline. Best shooter ever?!

Actually, keep it online. Best shooter ever.......? Still?

Then you're an idiot.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:25
Regular
"..."
Ok, I've had it with all those Halo/Killzone topics. This is the fact that everyone has to admit:

Counter Strike is the best first person shooter ever, and it will be at least 10 years before they can come up with anything better. Aside from being the most enjoyable of them all, there are many other things that make it better, like the PC being the best when it comes to online gaming and the mouse being the best in aiming, nothing tops the keyboard and the mouse. Besides the game doesn't really look that good, so it will work on most PC's, which I consider as an advantage. I don't care which is the better looking game, I'm just looking for decent gameplay and decent competition. That's my personal opinion...
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:04
Regular
Watched the video review earlier and it actually looks pretty decent, just sounds like it struggles a lot because of the limited hardware. Should be a franchise and a company to look out for on the next generation of consoles me thinks.

Am I right in thinking that Sony own Gorilla {sp?} now?
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh i know it's a good game, just all these moronic mag writers jumping up and down yelling 'HALO KILLER, HALO KILLER' that annoy me. It's a great game in it's own right, just been killed by the hype.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.