GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Sat 30/10/04 at 13:40
Regular
Still looks promising, read a few reviews this morning, watched the IGN video review, average score is around 80%. The game clearly has massive short comings but as I have said, so did Halo.

For Gorilla to step up with their first game with Sony, try to take on a project that was ambitious from the start with all the retarded PS2 magazines calling it a 'Halo killer' instead of just letting the game run its course and then see from the end.

Sounds like Sony and Gorilla have taken on too much for the PS2 hardware but I like the idea of a developer trying to push the hardware to the limits instead of sitting back and holdings ideas back.

IGN's review is very inconsistent, they talk about the short comings and then as usual go on to say that it is a very solid game that yes you should buy.

The main criticisms are AI related and occasional slowdown but even Halo, Half Life and a host of other games before it have suffered from these problems to one degree or another.

I am still really looking forward to it, it looks a hell of a lot of fun to play and will still remain up there with my Christmas purchase list.
Sun 14/11/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Pushing it probably, i'd say like it was with MGS2 a February release or so for Europe
Sun 14/11/04 at 10:57
Regular
Will Snake Eater be out before Christmas?
Sat 13/11/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm looking forward to this just as much as I am MGS3. Which isn't very much.

;)
Sat 13/11/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
This looks impressive!
Sat 13/11/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ManicMyna wrote:
> Mav wrote:
> What's the basic premise of Killzone, then?
>
>
> to be the biggest disapointment for a lot of people this christmas

well if people want to get all excited with hype instead of just enjoying a game on it's own merits instead of having to compare it to any game that has guns in it then it's their own fault.
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
However, FPS yes. Like Halo, yes.
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:35
Regular
"oaps.org"
yes - the same code fm played
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:35
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Mav wrote:
> So it's a bit like Rainbow Six, team-based FPS combat, but with a more
> arcade style a la Halo?

No. I prefer Rainbow Six's realism, but Killzone is more arcadey shoot 'em uppy, despite trying to have an essence of realism.

Also, you don't control a team. You control one member of the team at any one time, but can pick which you start the level with, and there are differences in enemy type/number/etc. depending on wehich character you pick.
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:32
Regular
Have you played it?
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:31
Regular
"oaps.org"
Mav wrote:
> What's the basic premise of Killzone, then?

to be the biggest disapointment for a lot of people this christmas

:p @hypemeister

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.