GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas quick review"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/06/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Excellent.
Spent 4hrs yesterday just pedalling around being a "homie".
Ate lots of fried chicken, worked out and spent money on clothes. Robbed a house, kicked an old lady in the head and emptied a tin of spray paint into some gang members faces.

I feel influenced and corrupted already.
Mon 13/06/05 at 07:52
Regular
"Mozzy"
It's quite funny how a few people who are getting thrills over it now were saying how crap it looked when the PS2 version just came out.

Ah well.
Mon 13/06/05 at 09:07
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> I am absolutely stuck on one of Big Smoke's missions.
> It's the shooting people off the train one, you & him on a
> motorbike. I just can't get them all before he gets moody and leaps
> off. Best I've done is 2 left.
>
> How on earth are you supposed to get them all?

Yeh, that mission took me about 30 tries. Just stick to the far right of the tracks and he should get them all.
Mon 13/06/05 at 10:16
Regular
I found that mission really easy, did it on my first go. Probably because I spend most of my time on bikes so my stat has increased making it really difficult for me to fall off the bike. As said just stick to the right side of the train and don't forget to go up the slope when the tunnel comes along and also dodge the oncoming train.

This is probably the funniest game I've ever played, some of the stuff the people come out with is sooo funneh!

"those white boys had me on crystal meth"

"It generally takes police 30 minutes to respond to most 911 calls. In that time the burgular could pole your wife, smoke a cigarrete and then go back in for seconds"

Oh and Mozzy, who was 'dissing' GTA on PS2?

I certainly wasn't. I was almost tempted to pick up a PS2 when it came out, but I managed to slap myself upside of head and wait for the Xbox version.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:22
Regular
My mate had rented this, I gave it a bit of a spin over the weekend for an hour or so.

It seems a great improvement over GTA 3 (never played Vice City), but I don't like the fact that your character now speaks, but that really is a minor point as the rest of the game seems great.

Graphics are better than I thought after reading some previews and you can do so muc more than in GTA3.

Think I will definitely pick this up come payday...
Mon 13/06/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That goddamn train mission is making me furious, I just cant do it.
What am I doing wrong here? I ride as fast as I can (sometimes being taken out by mysteriously appearing cars at intersections that miss the train) and stay right, but always 3 left at the end.
I miss the oncoming train no problem, but always without fail, there are 3 guys left at the end. Do I have to be very far over to the right?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mon 13/06/05 at 21:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
In the PS2 version, go to the tallest building and there is a parachute!
Mon 13/06/05 at 21:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Thanks for that, always nice to have a helpful comment from some random yahoo when feeling annoyed.
Mon 13/06/05 at 21:49
Regular
If I do get this...it will be when it is reduced in price / Xbox Classics or cheaper.

It's probably great, and sounds like the rest of you are enjoying it. But I don't play the other two GTAs and they were ok.
Mon 13/06/05 at 21:56
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Goatboy wrote:
> That goddamn train mission is making me furious, I just cant do it.
> What am I doing wrong here? I ride as fast as I can (sometimes being
> taken out by mysteriously appearing cars at intersections that miss
> the train) and stay right, but always 3 left at the end.
> I miss the oncoming train no problem, but always without fail, there
> are 3 guys left at the end. Do I have to be very far over to the
> right?
>
> Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Did this in my 3rd go.

The mans right, stay to the rightside of the right track (off the rails) , so fat joe dude can aim up at the guys.

When you see the car waiting to get blown up i just speed past it before the train gets there.
Mon 13/06/05 at 23:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> The mans right, stay to the rightside of the right track (off the
> rails) , so fat joe dude can aim up at the guys.
-------

That's what I was doing wrong, I was right next to the train.
I stayed to the right of the rails and did it 1st attempt.
*smacks head*

Am now busy starting turfwars and taking a girlfriend on drive-by shootings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.